Analyst II - Prospect Management Analyst
Baltimore (United States of America)
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
The Prospect Management Analyst is an integral member of the Charitable Giving (CG) Prospect Development, Research, and Analytics Team and is responsible for governing prospect data and providing comprehensive analysis on moves management processes across all CG teams. The Prospect Management Analyst will serve as the authority on the Opportunity Management (moves management) System and liaise with colleagues across Charitable Giving on all Opportunity Management efforts. In addition, the Analyst will contribute to and lead projects related to key performance indicators, prospect pipeline development, portfolio analysis, and data integrity.
The Analyst will substantially contribute to the CG Analytics Team’s overarching mission, which is to encourage and enable data-informed, strategic decisions. As part of the CG Analytics Team, the Analyst will adapt to the cohesive analytical approach and disciplined execution of their work in line with the Analytics Vision/Strategy.
The Prospect Management Analyst will be a participating member of the overall CG Analytics Team, and will strive to make Charitable Giving efforts more:
· Analytically Driven
· Data Focused
· Rigorously Tested**
Primary Responsibilities (50%)
· PIPELINE MANAGEMENT - Manage monthly pipeline process/system for CG portfolio-based fundraising programs. Use industry and CRS best practices to assist in creating and maintaining robust prospect pools for CG portfolios.
· PROSPECT MANAGEMENT – Manage ongoing portfolio review process with CG fundraisers. Manage process for ongoing analysis of ‘portfolio health’ metrics. Provide ongoing assessment of use & adherence-to Opportunities Management and Prospect Management guidelines by CG portfolio-based programs. Assist leadership and teams with adherence to OM. Work collaboratively across teams to ensure that the best potential donors are under management for the right CG giving program, and that realistic and aspirational plans are in place for each of them. Use independent judgment to evaluate and balance competing priorities and opportunities when making portfolio assignment decisions
Additional Responsibilities (50%)
· Lead data and analytics efforts as they relate to CG’s portfolio effort & prospect management key performance measures
· Create and manage reports using the CG Analytics Team’s data warehouse in conjunction with Tableau and other analytical tools. Synthesize data to generate in-depth data analysis and strategic ideas for portfolio-based fundraisers and leadership that will influence strategy and drive efforts to meet unit goals
· Actively and independently seek opportunities to learn more about divisional priorities and anticipate upcoming requests
· Provide high level analysis to assist portfolio-based fundraisers in the creation of engagement and solicitation strategies for prospects in their portfolios in support of their fundraising efforts.
· Exhibit professionalism and leadership in managing the administration of the Opportunity Management (prospect management) system. Effectively communicate subject matter as the expert in this area and present information and methodology in a clear and logical manner.
· Ensure the data integrity of the Opportunity Management system by monitoring, advising, and ensuring completion of day-to-day operations and workflow
· Develop and perform regular audits and clean-up of prospect and opportunity record data
· Regularly run and monitor reports that reflect CG performance and prospect information
· Provide information and insights that will help inform the decision-making of our CG colleagues relative to gift cultivation and solicitation process
· Assist the CG Analytics Team in the measurement and reporting of key metrics related to portfolio health and pipeline progress.
· Contribute to a broad array of data projects independently or in conjunction with other CG Analytics Team members based on aptitude and interest. For example:
o Pipeline management and development
o Workflow automation
o Data mining
o Metric development
o Predictive modeling
· Manage other routine or ad-hoc data/analysis tasks as assigned by direct supervisor
· Proactively contribute to team workload
· Support the CG Analytics Team through proactive contribution and knowledge sharing. Openly share and provide expertise with colleagues in a way that provides value to the conversation/effort
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
· Serves with Integrity
· Models Stewardship
· Cultivates Constructive Relationships
· Promotes Learning
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Director of CG Analytics Team, Manager of Prospect Development and Research, Prospect Research Analyst(s), Relationship Mapping Analyst(s), Individual Giving Data and Analytics Manager, CG Data Analyst(s), Development Officer(s), Stewardship Officer(s), CG Analytics Team Deputy Director, Donor Database Manager, Donor Services Manager, and other colleagues within Leadership Giving, Planned Giving, Donor Discovery, Mid-Level and Donor Services.
Required Qualifications, Experience, and Skills:
· Bachelor's degree in related field, or equivalent experience
· Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
· Facility with data reporting & data visualization software (such as Tableau)
· Ability to listen effectively, learn quickly, and communicate/convey deliverables to fundraisers according to industry standards
· Ability to stay abreast of professional trends and issues affecting this set of responsibilities, with a focus on continual-learning and application
· High level computer skills (to include competency in Excel, MS Word, databases and internet research tools).
· Must be able to resolve issues, explain and support findings/results, and possess the ability to interpret divisional prospect needs.
· High level time management skills with ability to handle long-term as well as short term projects and meet project deadlines
· Ability to understand and clarify requests for information, and determine optimal approach to meet requirements
· Ability and desire to work autonomously with directional input
· Ability to handle long-term as well as short term projects and meet project deadlines
· Willingness to accommodate different personalities and perspectives
· Exhibit creativity and curiosity with a willingness to learn
· Desire to share knowledge with colleagues and be a team player
· 2-3 years' experience in fundraising, prospect management, or fundraising operations; or a combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities can be demonstrated
· Understanding of philanthropy (mission, practice, trends) and fundraising practices (the development cycle, prospect management policies and practices).
· Strong knowledge of databases and customer relationship management (CRM) software, such as Clearview
Required Foreign Language: None
Required Travel: Minimal (training and conferences as needed)
Work Environment: Computer / keyboard usage and ability to function in standard office environment.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
(if applicable) NOTE: All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. at the time of application.