The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) is a German political foundation, associated with the Christian Democratic Union of Germany (CDU). KAS is committed to fostering democracy and the rule of law, to implementing social and market-economic structures and to promoting human rights. Its Regional Programme Energy Security and Climate Change in sub-Saharan Africa realizes activities around the nexus of energy security and climate change in all sub-Saharan countries. Its objective is to improve the political and social framework for climate friendly sustainable development as well as fostering regional and international cooperation on energy security and on climate adaption and mitigation plans in the Region.
KAS is funded by the German Government and currently host around 200 projects in more than 100 countries worldwide. The work is implemented via its 80 field offices, including 17 offices in Sub-Saharan Africa.
• Organisational planning, implementation and follow-up of activities of the Regional Programme Energy Security and Climate Change in Sub-Saharan Africa;
• Identify project opportunities, new partners and liaise with them;
• Manage regular communications with programme partners, participants and other stakeholders and maintain database;
• Budget planning of activities,
• Draft of cooperation agreements,
• Coordinate overall visibility and outreach activities, including website and social media updates;
• Monitor and evaluate project activities;
• General support of all stages within the project cycle.
• Other duties as required.
This position requires extensive traveling in sub-Saharan Africa, including weekends and weeknights.
• A university degree (Master) in environmental, political or social sciences or related field;
• Working experience in International Organisations, preferably in sub-Saharan African countries;
• Demonstrated experience in programme coordination and project implementation, preferably in sub-Saharan African countries;
• Good knowledge of African and International Climate and Energy Politics, Trends, and Developments;
• Fluency in English, sound knowledge of German and/or French required;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Excellent social media skills, affinity for IT and new technologies;
• Excellent command of Microsoft Office package;
• Experience in interacting with international project partners and official stakeholders;
• Ability to quickly understand complex contexts, to work in intercultural teams and to resolve problems in a structured and solution-oriented way;
• High degree of flexibility and commitment.
Candidates should be in possession of a valid work permit for Kenya.
How to apply
Candidates should send their application, including a list of two references, in a single PDF document via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications: 5 February 2021
Applications that consist of more than one document or are not submitted as a PDF document will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.