National Professional Officer/NPO (Administration)
Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)
Important Notice - Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
• FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
• People with disabilities are protected from any type of discrimination during any stage of employment, including the recruitment phase
• All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
• The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
FAO's Subregional Office for the Gulf Cooperation Council States and Yemen (SNG) is responsible for developing, promoting, overseeing and implementing agreed strategies for addressing subregional food, agriculture and rural development priorities. It develops and maintains relations with subregion-wide institutions including Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs). The Subregional Office is a subsidiary of FAO’s Regional Office for the Near East and North Africa (RNE).
The National Professional Officer/NPO (Administration) reports to the Subregional Coordinator (SRC) for the Gulf Cooperation Council States States and Yemen (SNG).
Programme administration and financial management, including accounting and personnel administration.
Effective and efficient provision of administrative support to the programme and project activities of the Subregional Office.
• Advises, organizes and supports the office on financial and administrative matters;
• Reviews accounts and ensures proper payment authorization including the preparation of appropriate expenditure documents;
• Manages and supervises the administrative team;
• Manages all financial records, administrative correspondence and tracking systems of the office; monitors and advises on the financial status of projects and programmes;
• Ensures the maintenance of up-to-date financial records, including the preparation of bank and other reconciliation statements and supervises and conducts the year/biennium end closure of accounts;
• Coordinates the retrieval, entry, selection and analysis of data from a wide variety of sources, including FAO's corporate administrative systems and data bases;
• Administers, controls, and disburses funds within the approved budgetary allocation in accordance with established rules and regulations and within the delegated authority;
• Prepares and reviews ad hoc reports on programme, project and office accounts; coordinates and provides special reports for periodic budget preparation and audits; and liaises with local banks and financial institutions;
• Liaises with the host Government for the maintenance of premises and ensures that all procurements and custom clearances for programmes, projects and the office are properly requested and obtained;
• Leads the implementation of streamlining of administrative procedures and liaises with other United Nations (UN) Offices for common practices;
• Ensures the compliance with the Organization's security guidelines (Minimum Operational Security Standards- MOSS).
• Advises and supports the SRC on financial, administrative, operational and technical matters in support of the programme and project activities of the SNG;
• Liaises with government authorities, local, national and international institutions and advises in the areas of programmes and projects;
• Promotes the image of FAO through advocacy of the SNG’s mandate, programmes, national priorities and activities.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• National of the country of assignment;
• Advanced university degree in a field related to business or public administration;
• Five years of relevant experience in in office management, administration, accounting and/or audit, budget or finance;
• Level C of the official communication language used for FAO communication with the country (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish);
• Working knowledge of the local language (if not Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish);
• Limited knowledge (Level B) of English (if the main communication language is Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
• Results Focus
• Building effective relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable;
• Extent and relevance of experience in the field of office management and administration including supervisory experience;
• Extent of knowledge of UN or standard operational rules and procedures and project/programme administrative management procedures;
• Extent of knowledge of FAO's corporate systems and data base, or knowledge of other accounting or financial modules or applications relevant to accounting procedures or project budget management would be considered an asset;
• Demonstrated analytical and judgment skills and ability to apply rules and regulations in the subject field.