Libya Local Governance and Civil Society/ Taqarib- Program Development Officer (Sebha, Libya)
Maximum Level of Effort: LTTA
Base of Operations: Sebha, Libya
position reports to: Regional Program Manager
The Libya Local Governance and Civil Society (LGCS) Activity will support the foundation of a more unified Libyan state by prioritizing local-level activities that foster stability and accountable governance while reinforcing positive linkages among the national government, subnational government administration, and citizens. LGCS works to increase the Libyan Government’s ability to deliver essential services and promote stability. It seeks to help citizens engage in public dialogue, prioritize resources, and develop initiatives to hold government accountable. To achieve these goals, LGCS will center its activities around four objectives:
Strengthen the capacity of targeted municipal institutions to deliver services and be more responsive to citizen needs
Empower Libyan citizens, civil society organizations, private sector, and other stakeholders with the skills and capability to advocate for government institutions to deliver on their mandates.
Encourage coherence of national and subnational government policy, systems, and coordination through pilots advancing targeted policy reform. Strengthen national and subnational decentralization policies, systems, and, and coordination
Inform Programming through a robust learning and analysis agenda.
The Program Development Officer is responsible for implementing elements of the Taqarib portfolio in target municipalities, providing a full range of programmatic and administrative support. While the PDO will work to support all Taqarib objectives, he/she will serve as the primary focal point for Taqarib objectives.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
· Organize the implementation of program activities, including but not limited to meetings, workshops, public events, and seminars. Serve as a workshop trainer and/or facilitator.
· Maintain and cultivate relationships with key Taqarib program stakeholders and political influencers, including civil society organizations, municipal councils, and government officials; engage with then to develop training and capacity development plans as well as advocacy and engagement activities.
· Contribute to the development and implementation of the program strategy and work plans.
· Represent Taqarib at meetings, conferences, and workshops, as needed
· Monitor project performance in the assigned topic and/or geographic area.
· Providing logistical management and support to training program execution.
· Support monitoring and evaluation programs in coordination with the M&E officer.
· Prepare, review, and/or edit project progress reports (monthly, quarterly, annual, etc.) to ensure quality, and work with supervisor and field team to revise target goals if necessary.
· Provide updates, reports, and critical analysis of field reports to RPM and DCOP, as
· updating TAMIS on a daily and weekly basis
· Prepare program budgets.
· Weekly reporting to RPM and DCOP **
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required. A degree in political science, international relations or related field is highly preferred.
· At least five years of professional experience in democratic, program management and implementation or any other relevant field required.
· Experience in local governance and politics, preferably working directly with civil society organizations and NGOs.
· Knowledge of Libyan political history and structure required. Existing network of relationships with CSOs and government stakeholders preferred.
· Experience with international donor-funded projects or international organizations preferred.
· Experience with program management, implementation and basic accounting required.
· Professional fluency in English and Arabic required.
· Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
· Ensuring neutrality
The Program Development Officer reports to the Regional Program Manager and works with the rest of the based Program Development Team and Objective Leads in support of programming in target municipalities. The Program Development Officer will be based in Sebha, Libya.
Interested applicants should submit their CV and cover letter to Libya@dai.com with email subject “PDO-Sebha”