Junior Project Manager (div/f/m)
The Berghof Foundation is an independent, non-profit organisation bringing people in conflict together to prevent or overcome political and social violence around the world. We have over 45 years of experience in peace support, conflict transformation research and peace education. Headquartered in Berlin, the NGO is run by a diverse team and works with local partners around the world.
For our project “Strengthening the Ethiopian Transition and Reform Process”, we are looking for a
Junior Project Manager (div/f/m)
The full-time position will be based in Berlin, starting February 2021.
This project seeks to contribute to the strengthening of the Ethiopian transition and reform process by supporting our Ethiopian partners to create inclusive spaces for dialogue at multiple interconnected tracks. Through our multitrack dialogue support, the project seeks to build trust,relationships and understanding among stakeholders to improve the structural framework conditions for a sustainable and peaceful reform and transition process.
Overview of the position:
Hours: Full-time (40 hours per week)
Starting date: February 2021
Duration: limited contract for a period of 11 months (extendable)
Location: Berlin, Germany
Department & reporting line: Sub-Saharan Africa Unit
Your main tasks:
- Preparation and implementation of project activities (workshops, meetings, dialogues, trainings etc.) in close collaboration with project team and Ethiopian partners.
- Support conceptual development of project activities
- Provide administrative support to the financial management of the project (invoicing, contracts, budgeting)
- Project reporting and documentation (narrative reports, activity reports, etc.)
- Contribute to background analyses and thematic reports
- Coordinate closely with Berghof Foundation team members and project partners in Ethiopia.
Your knowledge, experience & skills:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field, such as peace and conflict studies, political science, or international relations
- First work experience in projects with peacebuilding actors and with a thematic focus on dialogue and/or mediation processes
- Knowledge and/or regional experience in Ethiopia or East Africa considered a plus
- Strong organisational, project management as well as intercultural and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written language skills in English are essential
- Additional language skills in German or in an Ethiopian language considered a plus
- Strong ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Strong empathetic skills
- Ability to work under pressure and adjust to the dynamic project context
- Curiosity, passion, and perseverance
What you can expect from us:
- Highly experienced and engaged community of practice
- Transparent terms of compensation (housetarif)
- Highly relevant, insightful and challenging tasks
- Confidence based flexible working hours
- Flexibility regarding office vs. mobile working solutions
- If needed – advisory services regarding visa matters and travel conditions
- Agile mindset
Application procedure: Please submit your CV and cover letter as well as diplomas, certificates and references (letters or contact information) by 18th January 2021 through our online application system.