Administrative/ Programme Assistant
Starting from January 2011, as per decision of the Country Multisectoral Coordination Committee (CMCC) and the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria (GFATM), the United Nations Development Programme in Kyrgyzstan became Principal Recipient (PR) of the Global Fund’s grants. UNDP set up Grants Implementation Unit responsible for implementation of GFATM grants in Kyrgyzstan for which UNDP is a PR. The Unit includes various programme, procurement, finance, M&E and support staff.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Programme Manager and/or HIV/TB Programme Coordinator/ Deputy Programme Manager, the Administrative/Programme Assistant for "Effective HIV and TB Control Project in Kyrgyzstan" provides administrative and programme support services ensuring high quality of work and accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery within the grant. The Administrative/Programme Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Administrative/Programme Assistant works in close collaboration with the Operations and Programme Units in the CO and project personnel to ensure consistent service delivery.
The initial assignment is for 6 months’ subject to further extension based on satisfactory performance evaluation.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides administrative, HR and logistical support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Interpretation and implementation of procedures and rules related to administrative and personnel matters and ensure their compliance;
- Administrative support to organization of conferences, workshops, retreats, study tours, etc.;
- Provision of all necessary support in organization of the above, as well as report to submission to UNDP office;
- Arrangement of travel (visas, tickets, accommodation, hotel reservations etc.), preparation of travel authorizations;
- Ensures timely extension of personnel contracts;
- Ensures proper absence/leaves management for Programme personnel;
- Drafts project background materials for meetings and briefing sessions;
- Prepares translations of project related documents, acts as translator/interpreter for Programme Manager, other project personnel and projects’ meetings;
- Drafts correspondence in both English and Russian within the scope of responsibility as required;
- Preparation and handling the routine correspondence related to administrative and personnel matters, faxes, memoranda and administrative reports in accordance with UNDP rules and procedures. Registration of incoming and outgoing correspondence and documents;
- Monitoring the work and schedule of programme drivers; Checking vehicle logs and preparation of the draft vehicle history reports and maintenance plans;
- Monitors stock of various office supplies, stationary, spare parts and ensures timely replenishment of supplies;
- Maintenance of files related to personnel, administrative, logistical, programme matters;
- Update of the office telephone list and programme/project directory, addresses of the Government, International Organizations, and NGOs counterparts and other important contacts;
- Performance of other duties as required.
2. Provides support to implementation of programme activities, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Providing timely contribution to preparing progress, narrative & final reports for the Programme;
- Provides support in M&E related research and data collection efforts related to the Programme/Project activities, tracks required information and follows up on respective correspondence;
- Provides data and information needed for preparation of project documents, coordinates dissemination and exchange of project related information;
- Supports Procurement unit with required information on programme equipment as project asset focal point;
- Assist in the Programme/project monitoring functions.
3. Provides support to office maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Monitoring the Inventory Records, maintain the records and files on assets management;
- Serves as a focal point for project assets;
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance;
- Provides support to the SR asset management to procurement staff.
4. Provides support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievements of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on administration and HR;
- Briefing personnel on general administrative and personnel matters.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values;
- Exerts strict adherence to corporate rules, regulations and procedures. Familiarity with the internal control framework and results-based management tools is a must;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats peers fairly by maintaining consistent values inspiring trust and confidence through personal credibility.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Creating synergies through self-control;
- Managing conflict;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others;
- Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member;
- Informed and transparent decision-making.
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position;
- Able to perform a variety of standard specialized and non-specialized tasks and work processes that are fully documented, researched, recorded and reported;
- Able to review a variety of data, identify and adjust discrepancies, identify and resolve operational problems;
- Able to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Possesses advanced knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks;
- Able to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new system;
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines;
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients;
- Responds to client needs promptly.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education.
- 3 years of relevant administrative and/ or programme/project experience at national and/ or international level;
- Experience in the usage of computers, office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and office equipment;
- Previous experience of working in UNDP and/or Global Fund work experience is a strong asset.
- Fluency in English and Russian;
- Knowledge of Kyrgyz is an asset.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.