External advertisement : Supply & Logistics Specialist, P3, FT, WCARO Dakar, Senegal #99243
The incumbent of this position will provide Supply Chain Monitoring and Logistics support to Country Offices (COs) of WCAR.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a champion
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does — in programs, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children’s rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favoritism. To the degree that any child has an unequal chance in life — in its social, political, economic, civic and cultural dimensions — her or his rights are violated. There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a society’s most disadvantaged citizens — addressing inequity — not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. This is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nations
How can you make a difference?
The incumbent of this position will provide Supply Chain Monitoring and Logistics support to Country Offices (COs).
Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks
- Provide support to UNICEF Country Offices remote and on-site technical support and guidance for supply chain strengthening.
- Ensure the strengthening of proper management of UNICEF supplies at Country Office and regional level including effective monitoring systems of the movement of supplies in in alignment with corporate systems related procedures and practices.
- Conduct and participate in rapid emergency assessment and evaluation missions, as required, and actively participate in common logistics efforts.
- Under the Supervision of the Regional Supply Chief, monitor and, when needed, manage the activities of the regional Supply hubs (Call forwards of supplies, replenishment processes, performance monitoring) and related services (forwarding, UNHRD, transport).
- Contribute to the development, adjustment, stabilization and roll-out of planning and monitoring tools at regional and CO level as well as sound data analysis practices.
- Promote the utilization of good information management and data analysis tools at regional level, including RUTF pipeline monitoring.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
Education : An advanced university degree (Master's) in Business Administration, Management, Economics, International Economics, Engineering, International Development, Supply Chain Management, Supply, Logistics, Procurement, Purchasing, Contract/commercial Law or a directly related field(s) is required. A valid professional certification (CSCP; CSCM; CPSM; SCMP; etc.) from an accredited supply management institution, in conjunction with a relevant first-level university degree (Bachelor's), may be taken in lieu of an advanced university degree*.
*A first level university degree (Bachelor's) in a relevant technical field (as identified above), in conjunction with seven (7) years of relevant work experience in supply, logistics, purchasing, contracting, administration and/or other directly-related technical fields, may be taken in lieu of an advanced university degree (Master's).
- Experience : A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience, at the national and international levels, in supply, logistics, warehousing, procurement, purchasing, contracting, administration and/or other related technical fields is required.
Work experience in emergency duty station is considered an asset.
Work experience with SAP data management experience is considered an asset.
- Languages : Fluency in English and French (written & verbal) is required. Knowledge of an additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, Russian, Spanish) is considered an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate :
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The functional competencies required for this post are:
- Applying Technical Expertise [Level II]
- Deciding and Initiating Actions [Level II]
- Following Instructions and Procedures [Level II]
- Leading and Supervising [Level II]
- Planning and Organizing [Level II]
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.