Employee Engagement Specialist
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The Human Resources Division (CSH) develops, recommends and facilitates the implementation of human resources policies, procedures and services and advises management on appropriate measures and strategies to ensure that the Organization attracts, develops and retains a diverse, skilled and highly motivated workforce. CSH administers the Organization's human resources management programmes, in particular in the areas of human resources policy development, position management, recruitment, mobility, training and social security. It supports the HR Units and staff throughout the Organization, in the SSC and the Regional Offices, to ensure that HR processes and programmes are delivered in a consistent, effective and efficient manner.
The global context in which FAO operates is rapidly changing and effective people management is becoming more important than ever. A key element of effective people management is employee engagement, which research shows is the one of the most important factors in the overall performance of individuals, teams, and organizations.
Preparatory work is underway for FAO’s Employee Satisfaction Survey (E2S), which is anticipated for the first quarter of 2022. CSH is looking for a consultant/PSA to support in the design and implementation of the survey and follow up on the results.
The selected applicant will work under the direct/functional supervision of the Senior Human Resources Officer, Learning and Performance, working in close collaboration with other CSH Branches and FAO Divisions.
Project Management, Survey Design and Implementation, Communications, Data Analysis and Reporting
Tasks and responsibilities
Work closely with the E2S Project Team and other colleagues within CSH to ensure effective and timely survey roll-out and follow up. The assigned tasks and responsibilities related to the Employee Engagement Specialist will include the following elements:
- Coordinate the process to identify and contract an external vendor to administer FAO’s employee survey, including but not limited to drafting and preparing tender documents and liaising with the procurement office on the tender and awarding process;
- Provide general project management support including the development of a project plan in collaboration with the project team, correspondence with the selected external vendor and monitoring and follow up on project timelines;
- Oversee the management of E2S data and related files and presentations;
- Provide input and support to other initiatives, as required.
Survey Design & Implementation
- Support the design of the survey, including the preparation of the questionnaire whilst ensuring coherence and linkage with previous survey questions;
- Coordinate with the relevant units to ensure translation of questionnaire in all FAO official languages (French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese and Russian);
- Liaise with the selected external vendor to ensure successful implementation of survey in the online platform.
- Draft communications for management and employees at all levels to help ensure a high level of engagement and follow up with the exercise. This includes communications for senior management, all-employees and targeted messages to selected stakeholders;
- Provide input into the development and launch of the communications and engagement campaign prior to, during, and post survey launch. This would include contributing to the design of promotional material, websites, emails and short stories;
- Respond to queries related to the survey, survey results and follow up actions.
Analysis and Reporting
- Coordinate the analysis of survey data and trends using knowledge of best practice of engagement surveys. This will include working with large quantities of data and preparing reports, presentations, documents, and messages based on the analysis;
- Conduct analysis to inform senior management and divisions/offices on trends and potential follow up actions.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University Degree in human resources, industrial/organizational psychology, statistics, economics, business administration, or other related field;
- 7 years of relevant work experience.
For PSA: Working knowledge of English.
For Consultants: Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of one of the following, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, or Russian.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, planning and problem-solving skills, as well as gender sensitive and cross cultural competency;
- Knowledgeable and up to date on latest trends in employee engagement and how these can be applied in a global context considering the unique attributes of a specialized agency such as FAO;
- Ability to maintain/manage confidential information;
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to collaborate and influence across different levels and diverse teams in the Organization;
- Proven ability to understand the needs of an organization and identify creative solutions.
- Proven experience in working across all phases of implementing a global employee survey in collaboration with subject matter experts and external vendors;
- Extent of demonstrated experience in vendor/project management;
- Proven experience in compiling and organizing data from various sources and coping with rapidly changing information;
- Experience in creating and delivering high impact communications, preferably on employee engagement activities;
- Experience in leveraging technology and online learning tools for data analysis and reporting.
- Experience writing and preparing tenders;
- Working experience in UN agencies, major international organizations.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency