Business Support Assistant (Supply Chain Fund Management)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
“ Qualified FEMALEs are preferred and encouraged to apply. “
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders may either perform administrative support functions in the front office and report to the Business Support Associate, or provide administrative support to team(s) with the reporting line to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate. In cases where these positions support a specific business stream, the reporting line may be to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate.
At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities. They may offer guidance on standard practices to more junior staff in their area of work.
To deliver standard business support processes for the Supply Chain unit and to facilitate effective service delivery.
This position is part of the Supply Chain unit and reports to the Logistics Assistant (SC fund management). The incumbent will be under overall supervision of the Senior Logistics Officer. Job holders at this level demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries and problems with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on daily basis. The main purpose of assignment is to provide coordination and administrative services to support the efficient and effective invoicing and Supply Chain fund management services for the WFP Nepal country office
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Functional Area: Supply Chain
Position Title: Business Support Assistant (Supply Chain Fund Management)
Type of Contract: Service Contract (SC-4)
Duty Station: Kathmandu, Nepal
Duration: 1 year (Renewable)
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct supervision of Sr. Logistic Assistant (Supply Chain fund management) and overall supervision of Senior Logistics Officer, theBusiness Support Assistant (Supply Chain fund management) will be responsible to:
- Verify vendor claims for accuracy and conformance with WFP finance rules and regulations for payment ; and ensure timely recording and processing of vendor invoices in the Logistics information system.
- Inform suppliers/vendors on the status of their invoice claims.
- Monitor vendor claims and other payables and ensure timely clearance of vendor payments in close coordination with Finance unit.
- Raise Purchase Orders (POs) for logistical goods and services and post SES/GRN in the System.
- Raise Purchase Request (PR) for Supply Chain, Emergency Preparedness Response (EPR) and Engineering units;
- Provide Support in preparing of basic financial reports for further analysis to be made by senior support staff;
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
- Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work.
- Collect, sort and distribute correspondence, reports and other material transmit correspondence, documents, etc. via electronic mail, fax, courier service or other means
- Provide support to unit staff on services such as travel, expense claims, documents retrieval, inventory etc.;
- Coordinate and arrange unit meetings, draft and circulate minutes
- Perform other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English language and in Nepali language.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Experience: Minimum three years of experience in finance and accounting. Knowledge on supply chain is desirable.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrated experience with local finance and other services
- Experience with UN or public accounting processes is desired.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Wednesday, 20 January 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.