National Project Personnel – (Site Coordinator)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
Mauritania’s natural resources and ecosystem services are under significant pressure caused by population growth, repeated droughts, climate change and especially human activities which are not adapted to the fragile nature of the ecosystems, the natural regeneration rate of the resources and the natural climatic variations. Pressure on pastoral and forest resources is especially high during times of drought and rainfall deficit. Overexploitation of natural resources disrupts ecosystems’ equilibrium, reduces diversity, and ecosystem services available to local populations which affect access to food, water and energy.
FAO supported the government of Mauritania to finance a project entitled "Integrated ecosystem management project for the sustainable human development in Mauritania "through the Global Environment Fund (GEF).
The site coordinator reports to the FAO Representative in Mauritania.
The project is aimed to enhance integrated, participatory and gender sensitive development, reduce land degradation and restore vegetation cover, increase water availability, and increase and diversify and stable sources of income for the local population through more sustainable exploitation of natural resources.
Tasks and responsibilities
There will be one site coordinator for each landscape (total of 3). They will be contracted for the total duration of the project.
Their tasks will be to :
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
FAO Core Competencies
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/