Associate, HIV Market Intelligence and Communication
United States (United States of America)
Associate, HIV Market Intelligence and Communication
- United States
- Full Time
- Program (Division)
- Infectious Disease - Global HIV Access Program
- Additional Location Description
- United States, East Coast preferred
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org.
The hallmark of CHAI’s approach is simultaneous and intensive engagement on both the demand and supply sides of the market. On the demand side, CHAI’s country teams help governments to overcome barriers to scale up prevention, diagnostic, and treatment programs. Meanwhile, the CHAI global access teams work to address supply-side barriers to commodity access and foster a healthy marketplace to ensure the sustainable supply of essential medicines and diagnostic commodities. CHAI works to attract new suppliers, lower prices, and facilitate the uptake of important new or improved products.
CHAI is seeking a highly qualified individual to fill the position of Associate, HIV Market Intelligence and Communication. This individual will support the CHAI HIV Access Program's (HAP) market analytics and communication activities across the HIV care continuum, including prevention, diagnostics, and treatment. Their primary objective will be to ensure that market knowledge is effectively captured, communicated, and applied to improve access to essential health commodities. This will require both strong quantitative skills to aggregate and analyze data from multiple sources, as well as strong communication skills to ensure that insights and impact are clearly communicated to a variety of stakeholders. In this role, the Associate will become a go-to person for HIV market knowledge within CHAI, and will develop strong relationships with various CHAI teams as well as senior management. The Associate will report directly to the Senior Manager, HIV Market Intelligence.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding credentials, analytical ability, and communication skills. The Associate must be able to function independently and flexibly and have a strong commitment to excellence. CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, professionalism, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic.
Manage and analyze data to provide the informational and analytic resources needed to influence supply- and demand-side HIV market decisions that support CHAI’s mission.
- Analyze and draw conclusions from large volumes of data from both the demand and supply sides of the HIV market to advance CHAI’s collaborations with suppliers, inform strategic decision-making, and assess the impact of CHAI’s work
- Design data collection approaches and interface with CHAI’s country teams to gather data for analysis and development of valuable market insights
- Manage the development and maintenance of market intelligence databases, quantitative models, and user-friendly tools related to preventing, diagnosing, and treating HIV/AIDS
- Drive the development and dissemination of global forecasts of diagnostics and antiretroviral medicines, working closely with global partners and other CHAI teams
- Provide ad hoc analytical support to various CHAI teams on HIV/AIDS-related questions
- Other analytic responsibilities as requested by manager
Drive communication of essential HIV market information, as well as highlight CHAI’s work in the HIV space to partners and potential donors.
- Develop internal and external communication materials, including case studies, published reports, infographics, and other collateral based on HAP projects and work
- Support HAP’s business development, including proposal development and technical writing (in Word and PowerPoint), with assistance from other HAP team members
- Proactively identify new ways to share key information and/or increase engagement with HAP’s HIV resources (e.g., our annual HIV Market Report)
- Present analytical findings and other information to internal and external audiences, including senior leaders
- Other communications functions as requested by manager
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2-5 years relevant work experience in management consulting, investment banking, or in a similar fast-paced environment
- Affinity for analytics and information management, with strong analytical, problem solving, and quantitative modeling skills
- Extensive experience with database management and comfort cleaning and working with large datasets
- Ability to communicate effectively, diplomatically, and tactfully with people of varied professional, cultural, and educational backgrounds, including a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience developing persuasive and concise communications materials (e.g., case studies, infographics, one-pagers) for varied audiences
- Extremely detail-oriented, with the ability to produce polished work with minimal edits needed
- Entrepreneurial mindset, including ability to work independently, self-motivate, and take initiative
- Ability to identify new analyses and methodologies to expand CHAI’s knowledge of and strategic perspective on the HIV market
- Ability to think strategically, handle ambiguity, and work in a very fast-paced, limited-structure, multicultural environment
- Ability to learn on the job quickly and absorb and synthesize a broad range of ever-growing and updated information
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities dynamically
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Available for up to 20% travel, domestically and internationally, once it is safe to do so
- Graduate degree in public health or related field
- Familiarity, experience, and/or interest in global health sector, particularly HIV/AIDS
- Knowledge and experience with design software applications (Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Experience living or working abroad, particularly in low and middle income countries