Partnership MEAL Coordinator
General job description
The Partnership MEAL Coordinator will be incharge of:
- To lead of the MEAL oversight of the USAID-funded Consortium in Syria.
- To work closely with program managers and MEAL staff to develop and implement a comprehensive MEAL system using Action Against Hunger’ MEAL standards, donor standards and other innovative international standards
for more information about our work in Syria please go to https://www.accioncontraelhambre.org/es/oriente-proximo/siria
Objective 1: MEAL System design, setup, and implementation:
- Design, lead and manage processes to establish the consortium’s MEAL systems with consortium partners and stakeholders
- Ensure that the MEAL system at Action Against Hunger and with partners follows Action Against Hunger’ global and regional policies, procedures, standards and strategic initiatives, and BHA reporting policies and guidance.
- Support the project teams and MEAL teams in the design and implementation of assessments, gender analysis, barrier analysis etc.
- Provide support to the MEAL team in the UK when it will conduct the baseline, mid-term review, and end-line evaluations
- Support programming staff to incorporate feedback mechanisms into community level MEAL systems and tools; especially accountability to persons reached.
- Collect and analyze information to provide lessons learned and best practices from previous and ongoing programs capturing the changes expected of the intervention to ensure they validate the project’s theory of change
- Ensure the theory of change as a tool and analysis for the project either this theory may be implicit, or it appears explicitly in the project
Objective 2: Capacity strengthening
- Support the recruitment of MEAL project staff that will support the implementation of the project’s MEAL framework
- Provide strategic leadership to consortium partners and the Action Against Hunger field team for all MEAL related activities;
- Form and facilitate a consortium-level MEAL Technical Working Group to review and address MEAL needs;
- Provide training and follow-up refresher training on MEAL sufficient to equip Action Against Hunger staff, consortium partners and national partners to undertake effective monitoring, evaluation and learning at field level in all implementation areas; identify and fill training gaps;
- Act as the MEAL technical liaison point person for the project with local authorities and OFDA;
- Where applicable, conduct field monitoring visits with project teams and implementing partners
Objective 3: Reporting and data management
- Compile, analyze and visualize data and facilitate learning-to-action discussions within Action Against Hunger and the consortium
- Share evidence with Action Against Hunger’s UK MEAL team to make sense of global trends and how they intersect with key evaluation questions
- Work with MEAL and IT/IM staff to identify the best strategy to digitize and consolidate data effectively.
- Support the MEAL and programs teams to develop strong project tracking, record keeping and filing methodologies for all activities
- Prepare reports to track progress for the leadership of the consortium, Action Against Hunger, and the donor;
- Design and prepare appropriate reporting content for different audiences on monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual basis for key stakeholders and the donor.
- Compile, analyze and visualize data and facilitate learning-to-action discussions within Action Against Hunger and the consortium;
- Post-graduate degree from a recognized university in a relevant discipline such as operations research, Development / Humanitarian Studies, quantitative analysis, monitoring and evaluation, statistics, etc.
- Extensive experience on project cycle management, research, data gathering and management, quantitative/qualitative analysis and English reporting.
- Experience on humanitarian needs assessments is a must.
- Gender / protection mainstreaming related experience.
- At least 3 years of experience within humanitarian organisations, in project cycle management and in M&E positions or tasks with management responsibilities.
- Demonstrable capacities in design and implementation of MEAL systems.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection approaches and tools.
- Capacity to facilitate work with community-level actors in planning, design, implementation of MEAL.
- Demonstrable track record in effective team membership and communications at a management level.
- Ability to conceptualize, perform and direct team research and writing of technical documents.
- Demonstrated MEAL field experience and competencies in collecting, manipulating, synthesizing, analyzing and presenting data to a variety to audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring, and other formal and non-formal methods.
- Experience in developing and monitoring accountability systems.
- Excellent communication skills in English both oral and written.
- Able to work under Windows OS.
- Proficiency on the basic office tools (at least Word and Excel).
- Knowledge on databases and mobile data collection systems (ODK, Kobo).
- Knowledge of visualization tools (such as PowerBi).
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
Formal work contract: 12 months contract subject of donor funding
- Base: Damascus
- Annual Gross Salary: from 41,000 to 55,000EUR**
- In addition, we will offer you a benefit packaged estimated in 20.000 euros/year.**
- This packaged includes:
- Expatriate insurance (health, live, repatriation, travel, etc.)
- Break flights/trips to defined area: (break per diem: 215 EUR)
- Yearly holiday return flight ticket
- Accommodation and housing expenses (in shared guest house)
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger -Spain).
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.
- Candidates may be contacted for other suitable positions within Action Against Hunger.
-Applications will be assessed and vacancy might be closed before the end of the announcement as per qualifications availability.
- The organization is committed to the principles of non-discrimination and diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people.