Supply Chain Management Associate
Phnom Penh (Cambodia)
Background Information - UNOPS
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types.
Background Information – Asia Regional Health Cluster
The Asia Regional Health Cluster (ARHC) was established in 2018 for efficient delivery of grants and fund management, and the provision of quality pharmaceuticals and health products. The ARHC aims to significantly impact the targets of UN Sustainable Development Goal 3 on good health and well-being, by expanding the population benefitting from UNOPS-managed health-related engagements across the Asia Region.
The ARHC portfolio manages the PR Programme of the Global Fund, which has been providing financial support to the GMS countries for Malaria programs since 2003. Global Fund has selected UNOPS as a regional PR, responsible for delivering the targets set out in the grant agreements in collaboration with selected sub-recipients (SRs) from the National Programmes, local and international NGOs, the private sector and other UN agencies. UNOPS in Cambodia is currently the Principal Recipient programme (PR) for the Regional Artemisinin Resistance Initiative (RAI).
The Principle Recipient programme (PR) under the UNOPS Asia and Pacific Regional Office has been established to support, develop and oversee UNOPS’ programmes implemented with Global Fund financing in the Region to ensure that synergies between different programme components are effectively developed.
The PR’s Cambodia team works in close cooperation with all PR teams in the Region, managing all grants in a coordinated fashion, including country grants for the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria as well as Regional Principal Recipients of GFATM regional grants for Greater Mekong sub-region (Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam).
Under the direct supervision of the Supply Chain Management Specialist and in accordance with UNOPS policies, procedures and practices, the Supply Chain Management Associate shall be responsible for performing the following duties:
- Assist the Logistics team in managing the Logistic component of Supply Chain;
- Review/check shipping document and Issue, submit and follow up on the request for import permit, tax exemption and customs clearance documents .
- Liaise with SRs logistics teams for their coordination and inform with regard to the shipping dates and arrival of goods;
- Coordinate with Transport Companies and Freight forwarders regarding shipping documents as well as the loading and unloading process;
- Control inventory database of logistics and related documents and files;
- Issue related letters for dispatch to respective Sub Recipients
- Organize/coordinate trainings for the SR logistics unit;
- Estimate services cost and prepare purchase requisition for logistics services
- Check and ensure stores and equipment are being well maintained and that the supplies are stored safely, securely and properly;
- Conduct spot check field monitoring visits to PHDs/ODs/SRs to support drug store management and distribution of health products and to identify any challenges and support resolution of the same.
- Resolve routine logistics problems, referring complex issues to the Supply Chain Management Specialist with recommendations for course of action;
- Coordinate transportation of equipment/materials to the designated location, including loading and offloading and ensure issuance of proper documentation, i.e. delivery notes and endorsements from the recipients, etc.;
- Conduct inventory control and product physical count at UNOPS managed warehouse and SR warehouses;
- Coordinate and support the diagnostic analysis of weaknesses in current stock level, inventory data management and forecasting capacity within SRs;
- Coordinate with PHDs/ODs for bed nets distribution verification, stock balances and collection of reports on the distribution exercise.
- Responsible for all documents record keeping and filing
- Perform receipts of goods/service procurement for PSM team following the PO Incoterm
- Manage the records in the Receipt Registration Master list
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
|Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization.(for levels IICA-2, IICA-3, LICA Specialist- 10, LICA Specialist-11, NOC, NOD, P3, P4 and above)|
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Bachelor degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Purchasing & Supplies, pharmacy, International Relations, Business Administration or other related fields is desirable and may substitute 4 (four) years of relevant experience.
- A relevant professional supply chain, logistic or procurement qualification would be considered an asset.
- Minimum of six years of relevant experience (or less depending on academic credentials) in pharmacy, logistics, procurement, supply chain management in national, international public or corporate and business organizations.
- Knowledge of Good Storage and Distribution Practices established by the World Health Organization would be an asset.
- Knowledge of government rules and regulations on Import/Export/Customs Clearance is desirable.
- Knowledge of UN and/or rules and regulations in procurement is an asset.
- Understanding of Incoterms 2020 is desirable.
- Proficiency in computers and office software packages (GSuite) is an asset.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract level: LICA 6
Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance
This is a local position, so only Cambodian is eligible.
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.