CONSULTANCY, PUBLICATIONS ASSISTANT
CONSULTANCY ASSIGNMENT FOR
The Establishment Agreement calls for the Centre to enhance communication and information exchange in order to facilitate interreligious and intercultural dialogue and cooperation among people. The Communications Department engages KAICIID’s audiences with information that fosters an up-to-date, actionable and relevant understanding of the Centre’s mission and work. Its goal is to win support for the Centre’s mandate and a positive reception of the outcomes its work achieves.
KAICIID is seeking a Publications Assistant to support the Centre’s work through the production of high-quality communications products which clearly and powerfully communicate the importance of interreligious dialogue to a variety of audiences.
In close collaboration with the KAICIID Communications Department, the Consultant will be contracted to fulfil the following duties and responsibilities.
- Plan and oversee the production of KAICIID’s multilingual publications (factsheets, KAICIID Annual Reports, About KAICIID, Religions and Dialogue book and any other publication as required);
- Manage assigned publications projects throughout the entire production process (selecting photos, liaising with stakeholders for approvals, proofreading, drafting, design, production, ensuring deadlines are met);
- Coordinate editorial, pre-press and production processes for all KAICIID publications, reprints and translations; prepare schedules, monitor budgets; coordinate procurement processes; assess time, costs and resources needed for publication projects;
- Draft or edit (in English) for KAICIID’s publications;
- Copyedit and proofread KAICIID publications;
- Serve as focal point for external vendors, transfer appropriate files, order reprints, ensure compliance with KAICIID’s publication guidelines.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of one year experience in organizational communications with a strong track record in editing and producing compelling communications material on deadline;
- Experience in project management for publications is highly desirable;
- Shows a clear and mature style of design, demonstrating an understanding of the communication requirements of an international organization;
- Experience of graphic production from start to published/printed product with knowledge of printing processes (offset and digital) and colour management highly desirable;
- Some experience of budget and resource management is desirable;
- Good understanding of new and evolving technologies and digital platforms;
- Ability to understand and communicate complex issues in a compelling, accessible manner;
- The chosen candidate will have the ability to work independently or in a team with minimum supervision, and will be able to multitask and juggle projects effectively.
Native or native-level English proficiency (written and spoken). Knowledge of one of KAICIID’s other working languages (German, Spanish, Arabic) is a significant advantage.
The fee will be offered in accordance with KAICIID consultancy rates, depending on the experience and expertise of the selected candidate.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
This is a full-time assignment. The selected candidate is expected to start on 1 March 2021 and will be offered a consultancy contract until 31 December 2021.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
24 January 2021
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a Curriculum Vitae together with a cover letter.
KAICIID is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply.