Project Support Officer
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Given the current working arrangements due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the tasks described here-below will have to be undertaken remotely in whichever country the selected candidate is based, until further notice.
Under the overall guidance of the Chief of the Environmental Governance and Conventions Branch, Law Division, and direct supervision of the Programme Management Officer, the UN Volunteer, in close collaboration with the Project Assistants in the Division, will ensure effective and timely implementation of the activities of the African Elephant Fund by:
- Assisting in coordination of activities related to the African Elephant Fund, providing administrative and substantive support to the meetings of the steering committee of the fund e.g. proposing agenda topics, preparation of background documents and presentations, handling logistics, etc.
- Assisting in monitoring the implementation/execution of project activities of the African Elephant Fund; reviewing relevant documents and reports;
- Assisting in activities related to budget funding, project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements, etc. and preparation of documents/reports relating to the activities of the African Elephant Fund and liaises with the Fund Management Officer to ensure direct payments to executing partners and prepare project budget revisions as necessary.
- Assisting in managing specific aspects of project activities relating to the Multilateral Environmental Agreements (MEAs) in the Branch.
- Providing administrative and substantive support to consultative and other meetings, conferences and side events of MEA-related projects and activities of the Branch.
- Performs other duties in the Law Division as required.
Masters degree in Administration, Project Management, Economics, International Relations, Environmental Management or the equivalent combinations of education and experience in a related area.Required experience: 24 Months Experience remark:
- Experience at the national or international level in project planning and management and analysis.
- Experience in the management of environmental projects, including monitoring and evaluation would be considered an advantage.
- Previous experience at the United Nations, UNEP or other international organizations on administration, or on environment would be considered an advantage.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Optional), Level - Fluent
- Project planing and management in environment related field
- Monitoring and Evaluation
Accountability, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call for to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 22 January 2021