Télécoms Sans Frontières (TSF) was founded in 1998 as the world’s first NGO focusing on emergency-response technologies. During humanitarian crises we give affected people the possibility to contact their loved ones and begin to regain control of their lives, as well as we build rapid-response communications centres for local and international responders.
Thanks to 20 years of experience in the field, our high-skilled technical team adapts and tweaks existing tools to respond to different crises and beneficiaries’ needs in the ever evolving humanitarian context. From its early days, the culture of first emergency response has been core to TSF’s identity, but we have grown and evolved as the role of technologies in emergencies has expanded.
· This is not a remote position
· The applicant must be willing to live and work in Pau, France
· The applicant must speak both English and French
· The applicant must be available to travel internationally and participate in TSF’s emergency missions anywhere in the world
· For reasons related to the procedure for work permits in France, only candidates with an EU nationality or a valid work permit for France can be considered for this role. Kindly provide information about your work permit status and/or nationality in your application
· Otherwise, please abstain from applying
TSF will review applications and interview suitable candidates on a rolling basis. Early applications are strongly encouraged.
As Communication Officer you will work in the Communication Department and in direct relation with our Fundraising Department. You will also work very closely with all other departments of the organisation in France or abroad.
You will be helping in the creation of a variety of communications materials in diverse formats in English and French. You will work on maximising user engagement and awareness of TSF through its website, its social media and other online tools. You will help carry out a wide range of communication, PR and fundraising activities to inform and maintain relations with the press, our private and institutional partners, our donors and the general public: networking events, press conferences, international summits, fundraising activities etc…
We are looking for a creative person with excellent PR and communication skills in both English and French and a special ability for storytelling. The ideal candidate must also have a strong interest in telecommunications technologies and their application in humanitarian aid.
Under the guidance of the Head of Communications and Partnerships, the incumbent will:
· Develop, edit, and modify high-quality original content for a variety of communications materials in diverse formats (print and digital): press releases, articles, mission fact sheets, social network posts, internal and external newsletters, reports, infographics etc…
· Manage TSF’s social media accounts (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube) including by identifying and developing relevant, adapted content (written and visual), monitoring social media statistics and proposing new strategies for increasing TSF’s social media outreach
· Identify and develop relevant content to promote TSF’s missions. This includes also research and identify relevant stories and translating them into appealing written and visual content adapted to different audiences
· Support in maintaining the relations with current private and institutional partners of TSF and assist in the development of fundraising activities
· Support in researching, expanding and maintaining a network of different kinds of partnerships with a wide range of private and public organisations to support TSF activities
· Support in managing the relations with the press, including by participating in interviews to present TSF’s activities, maintain relationships with journalists, and producing relevant written content
· Support in the development and implementation of TSF’s internal communication strategy
· Contribute to the management and update of TSF’s website
· Contribute to the development and implementation of communication and public relations initiatives and represent TSF as required
· Integrate TSF's emergency teams and carry out missions assigned to them in the context of humanitarian crises abroad
· Any other task as needed
Job Requirements / skills
· Degree level or equivalent in Communication or related topic
· Strong PR and networking skills
· Strong digital media skills, including in managing social media, writing blog posts, website blurbs, etc.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French (mother tongue or equivalent)
· Previous work experience in a similar role
· Ability to work with tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment
· Capacity to work in a self-directed manner as well as a capacity to work collaboratively with the staff
· Desire and flexibility to travel internationally
· Graphic design capabilities (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere Pro etc. or Free Software equivalents);
· Video editing skills
· Sensitivity to Humanitarian and Human Rights contexts
· Must be a resident of the EU
· Spanish, Portuguese or Arabic
· Type of contract: Permanent contract (CDI) - 35h/week
· Monthly salary: 2179.14€ gross monthly + 275€ benefits + 100% coverage of the mutual health and welfare by the employer + participation personal telephone and internet package up to 30 €
· Start: 2021, February 1st
· Location: Pau, France (This is not a remote position)
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Send a 1 page cover letter and your CV (2 pages max) to firstname.lastname@example.org copy to email@example.com
2. Write in the subject line “Application Communication Officer – Name Surname”
Candidates who do not follow the above instructions will not be considered.