Programme Development Specialist-Statutory Funding
WWF Belgium is looking for a “**Programme Development Specialist - Statutory Funding”** to developing and implementing a statutory Fundraising Strategy to contribute to the International Programmes’ global conservation efforts in line with WWF-Belgium’s overarching strategy.
As the Programme Development Specialist-Statutory Funding, you will lead a coordinated organizational approach in order to leverage stronger partnerships with statutory and bilateral institutions (including our ongoing DGD - Belgian Cooperation & Development Programme), so to secure significant funding for our conservation field work. Particular attention will be given to blended/conservation finance.
In a team of 8, you will directly report to the International Programmes Director, and work closely with International Programme Managers, the Financial Department team and WWF local teams and partners.
Mobilize statutory funding from bilateral agencies, with a particular focus on the European Union and Belgium’s Federal and regional communities.
Ensure the early and timely identification and mapping of potential funding and partnership opportunities, followed by the development of robust proposals.
In close communication with Country Programme Managers, scope, analyse and prioritise calls for proposals, ensuring compliance and alignment with strategies (WWF BE’s and nested within WWF Country Offices’);
With support from relevant team members within WWF BE International Programmes, but also from relevant Public Sector Partnerships teams within the WWF network, lead the development of such proposals;
Under the supervision of the Director International Programmes, lead on the Private Public Partnership Dashboard for International Programmes to then deliver on an agreed number of proposals amounting to an agreed target income from statutory/bilateral sources.
DGD Programme Coordination
Under the supervision of the Director International Programmes, coordinating the DGD project team within WWF BE, but also our partnerships with the Belgian NGOs forming our DGD Programme Consortium to maximise synergies and efficiency;
By working closely with Country Programme Managers, compile workplans, technical reports and evaluations in compliance with DGD requirements;
By working with the Finance Department, ensure all relevant financial information is delivered on time, within budget and in compliance with DGD requirements;
Being the point of contact for WWF BE with DGD and ACODEV.
Leading on the contracting and oversight of DGD Programme consultants.
Support efforts towards sustainable finance for WWF Belgium International Programmes
In line with WWF BE’s strategy and by capitalizing on the ongoing DGD programme, develop proposals which integrate innovative conservation finance solutions, including (but not exclusively): impact investment, blended finance, green bonds, nature-based solutions, debt swaps.
- A Master degree in a relevant field is required;
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience including project management, design and development, and more specifically with bilateral agencies including (but not exclusively) DGD, EC, DFID, KFW, AFD, DANIDA, SIDA, USAID;
- Knowledge and experience of statutory donors’ requirements;
- Excellent oral and written command of English with a good command of Dutch and/or French
- Spanish would be an advantage.
- Diplomatic and mentoring skills;
- Project-based/systematic thinking and working;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment (cultural and contextual understanding and sensitivity)
- Connector and team player;
- A full-time, permanent contract
- An attractive salary package for the sector including meal vouchers, group insurance, health insurance, 100% reimbursement of the costs of public transport ...
- A flexible working environment adapted to COVID restrictions: either from home with all the ad hoc IT equipment, or in our pleasant office in the heart of Brussels, easily accessible by public transport.
- The opportunity to contribute to the mission of WWF and to share our values that will be embedded in your work and behaviours.