Senior Survey Method Specialist (SSMS)
Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include public health, agriculture, and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, monitoring, evaluation and learning, and medical research.
CAMRIS seeks a Senior Survey Methods Specialist for upcoming evaluations of USAID/Ethiopia and Uganda food security activities.
Travel is anticipated for early August 2021 for Ethiopia and June 2022 for Uganda.
The position is contingent on contract award.
* Leads the design (including sampling and analysis) and management of quantitative data collection.
* Develops work plan and budgets for the household surveys.
* Provides expertise on survey design and sampling.
* Leads the development and finalization of the Protocol and Data Treatment and Analysis Plan for the quantitative data collection.
* Collaborates with Qualitative Team Leads to integrate quantitative results into the design for performance evaluations.
* Serves as technical point-of-contact.
* Ensures the accuracy and quality of all quantitative data deliverables
* At least ten (10) years of experience in designing, managing, leading, and coordinating household surveys in developing countries.
* Experience in coordinating with the evaluation teams.
* Extensive knowledge of and experience in sample design for complex surveys and complex survey data analysis.
* Extensive experience with the design and development of quantitative survey instruments.
* Excellent writing and organization skills and a demonstrated ability to deliver a high-quality written product.
* Experience in analyzing household socio-economic survey data collected from developing countries.
* A Master’s degree is required, PhD preferred, in statistics, econometrics, biostatistics, survey methodology, epidemiology or other relevant field of study.
CAMRIS International, LLC offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at CAMRIS.com. CAMRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by any applicable federal, state, or local law.