Head of Programming I-South Sudan
South Sudan (South Sudan)
As a member of the Country Program (CP) Senior Management Team, you will provide strategic direction, leadership, and management of the CP’s programming to ensure the establishment and successful implementation of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. Your leadership, management and knowledge will ensure that the CP delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of its programming. As part of the Senior Management Team you will proactively manage security and mitigate security risks.
You will manage teams spread across multiple locations and oversee programming in remote and insecure field locations. You will actively coordinate with all other CRS programs and teams undertaking similar interventions and working in the same target areas. You will coordinate with sector teams to amplify the value and impact of CRS’ program portfolio. Together with the CP’s Senior Management Team, you wi ll be based in Juba city, Central Equatoria State and conduct regular field visits to remote and insecure field locations.
* Master's Degree in International Development, International Relations or relevant field.
* Minimum of five years of relevant field-based program management, at least three years of middle/senior management experience.
* Experience in the development of successful proposals, reports, strategic alliances, project design, project management, and monitoring and evaluation.
* Experience in partner capacity strengthening, staff development, training, and mentoring, as well as in team building and strategic planning initiatives. Experience working with Church partners a plus
* Experience in community development, community mobilization, or similar grassroots, self-help initiatives.
* Experience in project grants management, including project design, budget preparation, expenditure tracking, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, etc., preferably for projects funded by multiple public donors, including USAID and WFP.
* Experience with successful business development activities capturing public and/or private donor funding.
Required Languages – English.
Travel - Must be willing and able to travel up to 50% of the time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Excellent strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
* Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
* Team leadership abilities with diverse/multi-disciplinary teams. Coaching/mentoring skills. Experience and skills in implementing matrix management for programs teams.
* Presentation and facilitation skills.
* Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results oriented.
* Experience of living and working in remote and insecure context and carrying out direct implementation of multi-sector humanitarian and development programs in conflict settings.
* Significant experience in establishing new programming including office start-up, recruitment and direct implementation of multi-sector humanitarian and development programs in conflict settings.
* Proven ability to plan and manage multiple tasks in parallel to optimize the short seasonal implementation window in multiple locations.
* Excellent English writing skills.
* Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
* Experience and abilities in capacity strengthening - developing curricula and facilitating trainings.
* Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships. Knowledge of CRS partnership strategy a plus.
* Ability to represent and present at high levels.
* Experience using MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information and budget management systems, and knowledge sharing networks.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory: Deputy Head of Programs, Business Development Specialist, MEAL Manager, WFP Program Manager and Nutrition Program Manager.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Application URL: Apply Here