National Project Personnel - Monitoring & Evaluation
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural , fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner. These positions are located in Sindh, where the FAO program includes a number of projects focused on food security, land tenure governance, disaster preparedness, livelihood restoration, sustainable agriculture and fisheries, resilience, climate responsive agriculture, value-chain development and analysis of the policy environment for food security, nutrition and sustainable agriculture (FNSSA).
The following positions are SB3 SC6:
Position 1: Karachi with travel to other parts of Sindh
Position 2: Mithi with travel to other parts of Sindh
Under the overall supervision of FAO Representative in Pakistan, the direct supervision of the Provincial International Program Coordinator (PIPC) and in close coordination with the M&E Specialist/Officer, the M&E Associate will report on a day-to-day basis to the relevant Project Coordinator, according to the project assigned. He/She will be responsible for performing the following
Implementation of M&E systems, procedures and analysis as per the requirements of particular projects in the context of Sindh.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Assist in the implementation of RBM system and project M&E framework;
- Assist in developing data collection tools (quantitative and qualitative) to be utilized in monitoring and reporting against Logframe indicators;
- Assist in entering data into the project Field Programme Information System (FPMIS), the project database;
- Conduct trainings of field staff in the collection of primary data using appropriate tools and techniques and troubleshoot data entry problems
- Assist project baseline studies, mid-term and end-line evaluation;
- Manage/update project database and track the progress of all interventions against agreed work plan/LFM indicators, and assist M&E specialist in preparing FAO periodic reports and donor report;
- Assist in providing data for preparation of infographics reflecting project performance;
- Assist in providing data for generation of spatial analysis and GIS maps highlighting project performance
- Collect and document of case studies as per requirements;
- Assist in verification activities for other projects
- Perform any other relevant M&E task as requested by the FAO Representative in Pakistan.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Master's degree in Project Management, Engineering, Economics, Development Studies, Public Administration, Sociology, or related area;
- At least five (05) years of working experience in M&E and application of Result Based Management Approach.
- Working knowledge of English, Urdu, and local languages used throughout Sindh
- National of Pakistan
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Knowledge of United Nations and International Organizations’ administrative policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated abilities in conducting assessments, surveys and other studies with minimal supervision;
- Computer skills in Office Applications Including SPSS, Excel, Word, Outlook , PowerPoint; knowledge and experience in database analysis and management packages, and other office equipment;
- Excellent drafting skills and analytical mind
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research
- Demonstrated fluency in written and spoken English, Urdu, and local languages used throughout Sindh
- Excellent interpersonal skills and to work in a team-oriented multi-cultural environment
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to work independently, with initiative and minimal supervision
- Good knowledge of common administrative and financial rules and regulations
- Good knowledge of communication and documentation standards
- Display initiative and take responsibility for achieving agreed outputs within set deadlines and closely follow-up until successful outputs are achieved.
- Continue to seek new, innovative and improved methods and systems for accomplishing the work assigned.
- Identify and recommend remedial measures to address problems in systems design or implementation
Candidates will be assessed against the requirements listed above
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/