National Administrative Assistant
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member countries are encouraged to apply.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The Government of the Republic of Azerbaijan, represented by the Ministry of Agriculture (MoA) and Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) signed, in May 2015, an Agreement to set up a FAO-Azerbaijan Partnership Programme (FAPP). The primary objective of the FAPP is to provide a substantive, financial and operational framework for active cooperation in the areas of Food Security and Poverty Alleviation in Azerbaijan. There are currently seven ongoing projects under the FAO-Azerbaijan Partnership Programme, namely FAPP Visibility, Cattle breeding and feeding, Sheep value chain development, Seed potato production, agrarian youth employment (AMAL), Women’s Empowerment, and HAZER (hazelnut) projects.
Ms. Melek Cakmak, FAO Representative
Under the overall supervision of FAPP Administrative Specialist, direct/operational supervision of the Operations Assistant, the National Administrative Assistant provides security and monitoring, telephone communication and general reception services ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The National Administrative Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach, and works in close collaboration with the Administrative and Programme teams to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery. Summary of key functions:
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide security coverage at entry point of FAPP premises to prevent entry to unauthorized persons and the unauthorized removal of FAO property;
- Receive and check all visitors entering the premises through the monitoring equipment;
- Monitor all visitors to the office; assistance to visitors by providing directions and accurate information related to FAO/FAPP;
- Provide information and directions to all persons associated with FAO and FAPP;
- Ensure the provision of front-desk service and telephone communication;
- Maintain log books and records as required;
- Maintain alertness for any potential or actual breach of security and any disturbance or unusual activity and report these Administrative Specialist;
- Ensure timely delivery of messenger service requests keeping records and controlling invoices.
- Perform a wide range of office support and administrative functions.
- Contribute to maintain and update data base of office assets and inventories
- Ensure that all FAPP property is checked for appropriate documentation;
- Respond or drafts responses to routine correspondence and other communications; uses standard word processing package to produce a wide variety of large, complex documents and reports.
- Maintain calendar/schedules; monitors changes and communicates relevant information to office staff.
- Provide secretarial, administrative and logistics support to meetings, conferences and catering.
- Keep strict delivery control of stationery, paper, envelopes, and other consumables.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience working in a front desk, in general office support or related area.
- A minimum of one (1) year of relevant experience in security
- Secondary education.
- Prior experience in conducting similar tasks with the UN System would be an asset
- Working knowledge of English, fluent Azerbaijani.
- National of Azerbaijan.
FAO Core Competencies:
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Performs duties in a proactive manner, giving special stress to team working
- Interacts with visitors or clients, address their needs and channel them to pertinent areas
- Discerns appropriate replies to a wide range of different requests or questions addressed by public, visitors, consultants, staff and counterparts
- Keeps self-control and calm under situations of stress or discomfort
- Performs a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties
- Organizes and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities
- Keeps emergency data and contacts on hand to quickly react in case of emergency or special needs.
- Completes tasks in a timely, cost-effective way and/or escalated properly
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.