Administrative Associate, GS-6, Fixed-Term, Amman, Jordan Country Office, #00096713
The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) Jordan Country Office in Amman seeks a dedicated, experienced, highly motivated and proactive candidate with strong experience in administrative support for it's Administration Associate at GS-6 level, Fixed-Term, position.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, support.
The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan is leader in the region for the rights of its children. Working closely with the Government of Jordan, civil society, the private sector and communities, UNICEF Jordan Country Office aims to sustain results achieved for children to date, and strive to further improve policies, national institutions and programmes, for the well-being of every child in Jordan, in line with Jordan's Vision 2025 and the National Human Resources Development Strategy (2016-2025) towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. Our programmes focus on improving the lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged children in the Kingdom, irrespective of their nationality, gender, religion or background. Our main pillars include: Child Protection; Education; Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Adolescent and Youth Engagement; Health and Nutrition; Social Protection; and Operations.
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision and guidance of the supervisor, the Administrative Associate GS-6 is responsible for executing a broad variety of procedural and specialized administrative tasks for the respective section requiring in-depth knowledge of administrative procedures, processes and policies. The Administrative Associate will provide efficient and cost effective general administrative support services, supporting staff in office administrative assignments, processes administrative transactions through UNICEF SAP system, and ensures the office’s administrative operations and services are in compliance with the organization's policies, procedures, and regulations. Specific responsibilities are highlighted below:
- Monitors budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision/follow up.
- Provides support on budget revision/preparation, implementation status, determination position of funding utilization, operational, and financial closure.
- Prepares and maintains records, documents and control plans for the budget monitoring of project/programme implementation, and preparation of monthly expenditure reports
- Carries out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants for his/her section such as and tracking expiring programme grants.
- Maintains office calendar and arranges meetings
- Takes minutes of meetings, ensuring accuracy, attention to detail and coherence.
- Provides travel assistance to staff members in section for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies. Liaises with relevant travel focal points to ensure that the organization obtains the best service and price for all travel.
- Briefs/de-briefs staff members on issues relating to related administrative matters such as visas, security clearance, and documentation procedures.
- Extracts, inputs, maintains, and verifies correctness of travel records in the organization’s travel system to ensure accurate transactions related to travel costs and staff travel.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets and reports on travel costs and expenditure, maintain travel plan and budgetary control records.
- Monitors travel certification and report back to the team.
- Responsible for collecting invoices and filing documents for approval and, thereafter processing in VISION.
- Uploads electronic files and verifies results to destination system.
- Responds to client transaction status and other inquiries.
- Acts as a focal person for the telecom accounts, activates and terminates network services and accounts through the local service providers, administers the mobile account users’ personal recoveries, monitor the telecom operating budget and settles the monthly bills
- Supports management of administrative supplies, office equipment, and updating inventory of items.
- Monitors and supervises adequate and appropriate use of supplies. Ensures that services and maintenance of premises are in accordance with organizational standards.
- Arranges for the purchase and timely distribution of office supplies.
- Maintains and updates a system which monitors the absence of staff.
Property Plant & Equipment management (Specialized)
- Supports the management of the office property, plants and equipment
- Performs day to day routine updates, tracking, and management of physical assets and expandable property. Ensures accuracy of information.
- Responsible for receiving attractive items, long-term use low value items and third-party assets. Initiates creation of the asset master record.
- Acts as a PSB submitter and a Secretary to the Property Survey Board. Submits cases for review by the board as a submitter & executes the approved disposal by the head of the office. Receives and reviews the requests for submission to the PSB, as a secretary, and ensures completeness of the documentation.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Education: Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the field of work.
Experience: A minimum of 6 years of relevant administrative or clerical work experience is required.
Language: Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The competencies required for this post are...
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
- Analyzing (2)
- Learning and Researching (2)
- Planning and Organizing (2)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (2)
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.