International Entrepreneurship and Economic Recovery Specialist
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
FAO Ukraine is a project management Office headed by the Regional Programme Leader (RPL) under the operational responsibility of the Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia. The Office provides support to Ukraine to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Regional Programme Leader for Europe and Central Asia/Budget Holder, the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator in Ukraine, the technical supervision of the REU Agro-Industry Officer, and in close collaboration with the International Project Coordinator and the project teams in the east.
The International Entrepreneur and Early Recovery Specialist will guide the work in the projects related to foster entrepreneurship and economic recovery
Tasks and Responsibilities
. Specifically, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Advise the project implementation related to fostering entrepreneurship and business innovation for farmers and cooperatives and prepare conceptualize and implement capacity building activities and training courses, respectively.
- Strengthen the system of agricultural extension services at regional and local levels, to ensure access of MSME (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises) farmers, aggregators of agricultural products and processors, to information, know-how and advisory services, business plans development and investment proposals.
- Support establishment of agriculture producers' and marketing groups.
- Establish eligibility criteria for agricultural MSMEs applying for grant and non-grant assistance in each of the prioritized sectors of economy.
- Facilitate access to identified markets and value chains.
- Support the rapid assessment of the prioritized value chains development and COVID-19 pandemic impact to be conducted in northern Zaporizhzhia and Kherson oblasts
- Lead the preparation of and finalization of project reports (semi-annual progress report, terminal report, project implementation report narrative/financial) and detailed work plans in close collaboration with the International Project Coordinator,
- Monitor progress of activities and identify corrective measures to overcome operational constraints and ensure that the budget is properly monitored.
- Supervise the work of local technical consultants related to entrepreneurship and business innovation activities as well personnel responsible for reporting.
- Ensure liaison and collaboration with FAO offices (FAOUA, REU, HQ) and other UN Agencies, donor(s) and with institutional and non-institutional partners concerned, including cooperatives and beneficiaries.
- Feed the monitoring & evaluation system with data and provides technical guidance.
- Perform any other duties as required by FAO.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced University degree in international development, agriculture, agri-finance, economics or related field;
- At least 7 years of experience in project/programme management.
- Working knowledge of English and at least limited knowledge of Russian.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Knowledge of the Eastern European or former Soviet region;
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency