Senior Administrative and Finance Assistant
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Under the direct supervision and guidance of the Chief of Mission in Qatar and in close coordination with the Regional Resources Management Unit in the Regional Office (RO) Cairo, the successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining the administrative and financial functions of the Country Office.
- Assist in monitoring the financial management for all activities in Qatar, including the oversight of financial expenditure and accountability and undertake financial analysis of projects implemented in the country.
- Prepare donor financial reports in accordance with IOM regulations and established procedures.
- Forecast cash flows in Qatar and ensure daily control of funds disbursed; and ensure funding is received in accordance with donor agreements.
- Assist in preparing the annual budget for IOM Qatar, in coordination with the relevant project managers. Monitor the budget control process and analyze variances between budget(s) and actual expenditures on a monthly basis and assist in the preparation of budgets for new projects.
- Inspect payroll versus budgets, ensuring that salaries are correctly allocated to projects consistent with IOM's projectization criteria.
- Ensure compliance with general instructions of IOM and relevant permanent instructions namely in the areas of general administration, finance and human resources.
- Maintain appropriate internal controls to safeguard the Organization’s assets, control cash and prevent fraud.
- Review the status and monitor the proper maintenance of Vendor Accounts in accounting system.
- Responsible for procurement of goods and services of the Country Office, ensuring that all received goods are in accordance with the terms and specifications of the respective Purchase Orders (POs). and that all procurement processes made in the office are in line with IOM instructions and guidelines and coordinated with the Global Procurement and Supply Unit, as needed.
- Assist with the Country Office’s administrative functions, including recruitment, personnel administration, and other related activities, in accordance with the Organization's policies and procedures. Maintain and update personnel files and records of staff.
- Ensure provision of basic administrative support services to the office, including preparation of routine draft correspondence, faxes, memoranda and reports.
- Liaise with relevant units at Headquarters (HQ) and Regional Office (RO) in Cairo with regard to the financial and administrative activities of IOM Qatar.
- Prepare/request travel authorization, security clearances, DSA and travel expense claims as required by Chief of Mission.
- Provide assistance responding to audit queries and follow up on audit recommendations.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- 6 years of experinace;
- Experience in financial management, accounting and budgeting;
- Experience in human resources, administration and/or procurement and logistics;
- Knowledge of human resource management in international contexts is an advantage;
- Knowledge of IOM/United Nations (UN) regulations, policies and procedures is an advantage;
- Knowledge of International Public-Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS);
- Good knowledge of and experience in ERP system (especially PRISM/SAP);
- Good knowledge of MS Office specifically EXCEL;
- Good communication and writing skills;
- Audit experience is a distinct advantage.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Qatar and legal residents in Qatar with the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 25-01-2021