EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY
Vacancy in the Directorate of EO Programmes.
ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. For this purpose, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, beliefs, age, disability or other characteristics. Applications from women are encouraged.
This post is classified B2-B4 on the Coordinated Organisations’ salary scale.
ESA Headquarters, Paris, France
Administrative Assistant in the Strategy, Programme and Coordination Office, Directorate of Earth Observation Programmes.
Under the direct responsibility of the Head of Strategy, Programme and Coordination Office, you will be responsible for:
• Providing administrative support to the Head of Strategy, Programme and Coordination Office including among other things, diary management and mission travel;
• Providing overall administrative assistance to the Strategy, Programme and Coordination team, liaising with local site services and other support services, as necessary;
• Providing support to and/or preparing relevant briefings, presentations, documentation for various meetings, including bilateral meetings with Member States, international partners, EU institutions, Council and DG bilateral meetings;
• Organising Strategy, Programme and Coordination team meetings, minuting meetings and tracking actions;
• Preparing and reviewing official correspondence;
• The deployment, promotion and maintenance of the EOP SharePoint within the areas of responsibility pertaining to the office;
• Supporting EOP staff within the Directorate for activities and high-level meetings taking place at ESA Headquarters;
• Monitoring the budget for the Office, in particular for meeting costs, missions, mission orders for experts and consultants, as well as interpreters;
• Other tasks as directed by the Head of the Strategy, Programme and Coordination Office.
In addition to the above-mentioned tasks, you will be required to provide administrative support to the Director of Earth Observation Programmes when present at ESA Headquarters, in close coordination with the D/EOP Secretariat.
Applicants for this post should have a third level education (e.g. short cycle university education) or equivalent qualification, together with professional administrative experience.
For behavioural competencies expected from ESA staff in general, please refer to the ESA Competency Framework.
The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these is required.
Knowledge of another Member State language would be an asset.
The Agency may require applicants to undergo selection tests.
The closing date for applications is 4 February 2021.
At the Agency we value diversity and we welcome people with disabilities. Whenever possible, we seek to accommodate individuals with disabilities by providing the necessary support at the workplace. The Human Resources Department can also provide assistance during the recruitment process. If you would like to discuss this further please contact us at email@example.com.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Canada, Latvia and Slovenia.
According to the ESA Convention the recruitment of staff must take into account an adequate distribution of posts among nationals of the ESA Member States. When short-listing for an interview, priority will first be given to internal candidates and secondly to external candidates from under-represented Member States.
In accordance with the European Space Agency's security procedures and as part of the selection process, successful candidates will be required to undergo basic screening before appointment.