Senior Associate, Morocco Program
Morocco (United States of America)
Senior Associate, Morocco Program
The Senior Associate position supports the program on developing and delivering ongoing projects both financially and administratively and also programmatically to ensure efficient and timely delivery of results. The position oversees the provision of an integrated platform across a range of services in the context of project management- HR, finance, legal, procurement, communications, research, resource mobilization and institutional engagement, and day to day project and/or output management within the country program- to ensure the effective delivery of the projects/program, in line with the Work Program and Budget/Logframe.
Based in Seoul, the Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is an intergovernmental organization founded to support and promote a model of economic growth known as "green growth" which targets key aspects of economic performance such as poverty reduction and job creation, as well as social inclusion and environmental sustainability. GGGI works with countries around the world, building their capacity and working collaboratively on green growth policies and bankable projects that can impact the lives of millions. The organization partners with countries, multilateral institutions, government bodies, and the private sector to help build economies that achieve strong growth and are less carbon intensive, more resilient to climate change, and more efficient and sustainable in the use of natural resources.
GGGI has a diverse portfolio of programs in developing countries around the world. These in-country programs, together with global products and services, focus on delivering results through an integrated approach of evidence-based green growth planning and implementation aligned to countries’ development priorities. The organization also focuses on knowledge development and management activities which build a strong theoretical and empirical basis for green growth, while providing concrete options and guidance for policymakers; as well as building the conditions for public and private green infrastructure investments.
GGGI supports the Moroccan government’s commitment to transition to a green economy, one of the pillars of the National Sustainable Development Strategy (NSDS). GGGI is accompanying the implementation process for the NSDS, Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC), and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), aimed at promoting a green, inclusive, integrated and sustainable development model at the sub- national level, in alignment with the advanced regionalization process adopted by the Kingdom of Morocco. Its technical support focuses on the development of policies and incentives, identification and design of bankable projects, and assistance in mobilizing funding for their implementation
- Provides substantive programmatic, logistical, financial, communications, and administrative support to the country program.
- Oversees and integrates transactions and outputs in Finance, HR, legal, procurement, and communications.
- Ensures adherence to GGGI policies across procurement, legal, HR, finance and communications.
- Supports project managers/country manager in developing and delivering projects.
- Support the monitoring of project budget and track expenditures to ensure that program resources are optimally allocated and utilized.
- Participate in the implementation of specific part of a project such as project budget, staffing and timeline monitoring.
- Understands government and GGGI process and advises Country Team to ensure smooth engagement and program delivery
- Closely collaborate and liaise with GGGI's operations team to ensure accordance with GGGI’s rules and procedures
- Ensure consistent service delivery
- Identifies and anticipates issues impacting consistent service delivery and recommends remedial solutions for effective project management;
- Anticipates donor requirement and project requirements and ensures alignment of services to meet those needs
- Advise the program team on GGGI, donor and government procedures, policies and tools of all operational transactions for service delivery;
- Identify and anticipate issues and risks that will affect program delivery and report to the Country and/or Project Manager;
- Identify and anticipate issues from across projects and workstreams and advise staff on remedial measures in order to maintain integrity of delivery;
- Consistent provision of quality finance and monitoring services
- Leads ERP finance portal for the project/output
- Leads the monitoring and updating of project compliance information
- Leads budget control for procurement
- Support the country program audits
- Prepare budget proposals, revisions when requested
- Assist in project/ program design, development and implementation.
- Develop and manage detailed budget execution plans, schedules and reporting in line with yearly work programs and budget line
- Develop and monitor procurement plans and requisition procedures in line with yearly work programs and budget line
- Develop project hiring plans and manage onboarding procedures
- Place initial screening and controls on country office spending, procurement requests and contract issuance
- Ensure effective and consistent use of corporate systems and processes, and provide related support and advice to country team
- Verify data and ensure data entry and document consistency from spending and expenses of specific project/output management
- Maintain program filing system and safeguard standards of reporting/documentary quality to support reporting to donors and program stakeholders.
- Consolidate financial documentation for projects and ensure accuracy of project financial reporting.
- In close collaboration with GGGI HQ’s legal team and Government of Morocco, lead on the approval of all MOUs, project agreements and other legal documents
- Make sure Staff Regulations are properly implemented and be the focal point if there is a need from staff in Morocco by liaising with HR in HQ make sure all information is up to date
- Ensure green office policies are consistently applied and monitored
- Develops presentations and strategic content ahead of meetings with government counterparts, donors, and development partners
- Develops formats for data visualization to help communicate and improve program and projects outcomes
- Supports project planning, delivering, and monitoring
- Contributes to the development of proposal writing and project concept notes
- Leads the organization and coordination of workshops and events, including documentation, arrangement for venues, logistics, and transportation
- Drafts meeting minutes and event reports
- Develops communication materials for the program
- Manages the office social media accounts and the program website page
- Leads external suppliers and service provider selection, contracting, registering, payment and monitoring of goods/services delivery
- Supports travel logistics
- Program team liaisons with headquarters on communication, procurement, HR, and finance office operations.
- Master’s degree preferred in administration, business, accounting, public policy, finance, or other relevant field or equivalent experience; Bachelor’s degree in related field required;
- At least 5 years of working experience, preferably in an international setting, in project planning and management, procurement, finance or related administrative management area; Specific experience with Official Development Assistance and sustainable development projects is an advantage;
- Exceptional skills in building productive working relationships with colleagues, field offices, stakeholders, donors, and other partners.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively in a collegial manner in a team-based context.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Ability to review, synthesize information and produce high quality documents.
- Ability to establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines with strong attention to detail.
- Experience coordinating successful functions and events (workshops, meetings, etc.) that are smoothly run and well-facilitated.
- Familiarity with green growth and the Morocco context with solid experience dealing with government counterparts.
- Excellent analytical, communication, presentation and writing skills.
- An excellent command of spoken and written English, French and Arabic is mandatory.
- Strong coordination skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work in a proactive, organized, and systematic manner.
- Able to think strategically and in close collaboration with others.
- Ability to absorb and understand technical information and relay it to others.
- Detail-oriented striving for quality and consistency in all outputs and communications.
- Output-oriented, demonstrating creativity, innovation and an entrepreneurial drive.
- Problem solver, able to find and implement solutions.
- Highly organized and able to effectively and efficiently multi-task and prioritize.
- Excellent communication (both written and oral) and facilitation skills.
- Comfortable working both in a team and independently.
- Understand and actively supports GGGI's mission, vision and values.
- Promote an organizational culture of trust, transparency, respect and partnership.
- Excels at problem solving, ask questions and seeks support when needed, easily shares information and knowledge with others both internally as externally.
- Manage emotions and stress positively, builds rapport and resolves conflict easily.
- Strong ability to work independently and/or remotely, while maintaining productivity.
- Be able to lead and manage a project independently, while knowing when to seek advice and liaise closely with the country team, regional office, HQ, and the Carbon Pricing Unit.
- The position is initially for an 18-month term but may be extended subject to funding availability.
- The chosen candidate is expected to be based in Rabat, Morocco.
- International candidates must already have a Moroccan work permit and residency.
- The successful candidate will report to the Country Manager.
- For more information on GGGI's terms and conditions (allowances, health care, education etc.) please familiarize yourself with GGGI's Rules and Regulations that can be found here: https://gggi.org/policy-documents/.
Child protection – GGGI is committed to child protection, irrespective of whether any specific area of work involves direct contact with children. GGGI’s Child Protection Policy is written in accordance with the Convention on the Rights of the Child.