Global Service Desk Associate
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide reliable incident identification and resolution support:
- To provide Tier-1 support including incident identification and resolution in areas of UNDP IT applications, hardware and platforms, IT Infrastructure, Microsoft collaboration tools using the ITSM.
- To escalate and to follow-up issues to different support teams if needed.
- To track user trends and issues and escalate these to appropriate teams including United Nations International Computing Center (UNICC) and Production Support team.
- To assist in the testing of new UNDP IT platforms and system enhancements, corporate applications including collaboration tools providing feedback to developers, track leaders and business focal points.
- To assist in developing training to be delivered to the user community at various levels of complexity and to serve as a resource person for corporate training activities whenever required.
- To provide emergency support assistance or facilitation in operations for country offices at times of crisis or lack of capacity.
- To provide quality information or solutions for the unit’s FAQ site as part of the unit’s e-support strategies.
- To perform other helpdesk duties and responsibilities as required by the Chief of Global Service Desk.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education with specialized certificate in administrative and information technology training, office management and business administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Business Administration
- ITIL 4 Foundation is a plus
- At least 6 years with Secondary Education or 3 years with a Bachelor Degree, of relevant experience in a global helpdesk environment
- At least one year of hands on experience in PeopleSoft is preferable
- Familiarity with SharePoint and Microsoft collaboration tools
- Technical knowledge of troubleshooting software and hardware problems for users’ computer
- Proven track record of working and contributing positively in a team environment.
- At least 6 years of working experience supporting complex corporate applications in a service desk environment
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow is desirable
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft CRM is a plus
- Knowledge of UNDP corporate applications (PeopleSoft, Office 365, Zoom, DocuSign)
- Experience in Incident Management and identification/handling of user trends and issues
- Experience in systems testing, feedback and analysis reporting
- Experience in troubleshooting users’ computer – hardware and software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of other UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish) is a valuable asset.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Internal mobility at GSSU is strongly encouraged and we reserve the right to reassign the newly appointed staff members with similar skillset and educational qualifications for similar functions and job categories at the same level in GSSU. The internal lateral movements will be determined based on the needs of the organization while allowing the newly recruits to broaden their skills, build networks and gain fresh experience and to better align their profiles with the jobs.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.