IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
FAO’s approach to development assistance in Mindanao focuses on supporting the rehabilitation of agriculture and fisheries-based livelihoods, accelerating agriculture-based enterprises and increasing access to sustainable energy, and resilience to risk in municipalities affected by natural disasters and conflict. FAO interventions will include, among others:
Introduction of various productivity enhancing technologies to improve household incomes and promote sustainable agricultural practices.
Technical assistance to government in reviewing existing policies that promote equitable agribusiness venture arrangements between farmers and agribusiness firms and capacity building activities for farmers that are anchored on the value chain approach.
Capacity building on enterprise development and agribusiness that will allow farmers, fisherfolk and local government units to maximize potential market opportunities.
Restoring and increasing the productivity of agriculture and fisheries-based livelihoods of smallholder farmers and marginalized fishers, decommissioned Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) combatants and their families
Enhancing the competitiveness of farm households, particularly women, to establish and manage microenterprises
Facilitating the establishment of agribusiness enterprises with production-market contract agreements or similar arrangements
The Agricultural Engineer will be under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative ad interim, the direct supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative (Programme), and technical guidance of the Team Leader of the Mindanao and Emergency Response & Preparedness Group (MERG) and the Project Team Leader.
FAO has been implementing various projects in Mindanao, which are guided by the FAO Mindanao Strategic Programme for Agriculture/Agribusiness (MSPAA), which is in line with the Bangsamoro Development Plan (BDP, 2015). One of the projects being implemented in Mindanao supported by the Government of South Korea is the project entitled “Support to Agriculture and Agribusiness Enterprises in Mindanao for Sustainable Development”. The overall objective of the Project is to contribute to the attainment of sustainable peace and development and inclusive growth in Mindanao through support to the improvement of agriculture and fisheries-based livelihoods, and accelerated agriculture-based enterprises.
Tasks and responsibilities
Specifically, the Agricultural Engineer will carry out the following tasks:
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- The candidate must have a University degree (advanced degree preferred) in agricultural engineering from recognized university or related fields with complementary knowledge in designing capacity building programmes and projects.
- The candidate should have at least five (5) years of practical experience in the planning and implementation of farm machinery operation in support to crop production development and capacity building support at the field level;
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Familiarity and/or work experience in North Cotabato, Maguindanao or Cotabato City.
- Language requirement: Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Tagalog
- General knowledge and skills in the use of standard office software, such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/