Local Consultant: T4D Support Consultant for Health and Nutrition - 5 Months
• Provide Support to the MR-OPV SIA and Strengthening Routine Immunization.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a fair chance
UNICEF has been an active partner of the Government of the Philippines and civil society in realizing the rights of every Filipino child, in line with priorities to achieve the Millennium Development Goals. UNICEF efforts have been focused on the most vulnerable regions identified by the Government of the Philippines Development Plan, particularly in the regions of Visayas and Mindanao. To ensure that interventions are sustainable and scaled up, UNICEF will support primarily local government units (LGUs) as the main instruments of delivering services and building systems. The level of engagement with government institutions will take into account capacities, economies of scale and sector issues.
It has a field office in Cotabato City, the second largest city in Mindanao, southern Philippines, with some 300,000 population. The city is the regional administrative centre of the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao and over 80 percent of the population is Muslim. Mindanao is both conflict-affected and prone to frequent earthquakes and typhoon storms.
Visit this link for more information on Philippine Country Office: https://www.unicef.org/philippines/
How can you make a difference?
The Consultant will Provide:
- Technical Support in the Development and Enhancement of Open Data Kit (ODK) Forms.
- Support in the Enhancement of Data Visualization.
- Assistance in the Integration of RapidPro and ODK.
- Support in the Conduct of Trainings to Regional Focal Persons.
- Identify Bottlenecks and Recommend Possible Technical Solutions.
* Revisions will depend on the Data Sets needed. Not Limited to Health Forms but will also Support to other Sectors.
- Online Forms for MR OPV and other Campaigns.
- PowerBI Customized Reports using Data Sets from ODK Raw Data.
- Web Integration of Both Systems (ODK and RapidPro).
- Summary of Training Conducted to Identified Regions.
- Final Report.
Qualifications and Competencies of Successful Consultant
- University Degree in One or More of the Disciplines: Information Technology, Information Systems, Public Health, Medicine, Applied Medical Sciences, Information Management or Any Related Field.
- At Least 5 Years of Experience in Scripting (API, Webhooks) and Mobile Data Collection (at Least 2 Years in Using ODK and RapidPro or Any Related Messaging Platform).
- At Least 2 Years of Experience in Data Visualization (with Advanced Lnowledge in PowerBI).
- Preferred: Experience working in Immunization Campaigns; Experience working with UN Agencies, DOH and LGUs.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are requested to complete an online candidate profile in http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/ by 18 January 2021. Only applications sent through the e-recruitment portal under Job Number: 537390 will be considered.
All candidates are requested to submit a COVER LETTER, and the duly filled P 11 form which can be downloaded from our website at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.doc indicating three (3) previous supervisors. Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
Only shortlisted consultants will be contacted.
By applying through our Talent Management System (TMS) you agree to our privacy statement which is in line with the Philippines Data Privacy Act. You are strongly advised to read carefully through the privacy statement before submitting your application.
"UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles."