DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT - MID-LEVEL GIVING
Atlanta (United States of America)
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and fight with CARE.
CARE seeks a dynamic and experienced Director of Development to grow and manage its Mid-Level Giving cohort. Working with a team of relationship managers, the Director sets the strategy for and ensures the execution of a national strategy for all donors in the $1K-$10K giving range. This person is charged with growing CARE's relationships with donors, bringing them closer to the organization and ensuring they realize their importance to the mission. The Director of Development is responsible for reaching and exceeding annual revenue goals and overseeing the Mid-Level budget.
The strategy for the Mid-Level program will serve as the driving force to improved donor engagement and fundraising focused on these primary goals:
- Creation of a donor-base that shows increased retention, engagement and giving.
- Collaboration across all fundraising departments for ongoing fluid and seamless donor moves between programs.
- Increased annual revenue and engagement from donors at this level.
The Director of Development we are seeking will have experience developing donor strategy and enhancing donor stewardship while also excelling in the area of team coordination and operations.
- Program Strategy & Agency Oversight: create a strategic plan for Mid-Level donors and drive change and growth for the cohort
- Team Management: hire, manage and mentor a team of fundraising professionals responsible for relationship building and marketing for the Mid-Level cohort of existing donors ensuring that quarterly metrics and goals are met
- Portfolio Management: maintain a portfolio of donors in an effort to retain and grow them into higher value donors
- Forecasting and Budgeting: create and maintain accurate revenue and budget projections
- Program Operations Oversight: ensure all elements of the relationship strategy/ donor journey are executed seamlessly – whether direct mail, email, social, personalized communication, phone calls, etc.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience working with mid-level annual giving or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience working across Mass Market, Planned and Major Giving fundraising for collaboration
- Thorough understanding of best practices in this mid-level area of annual giving
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce CRM, including reporting and analysis
- Microsoft Office Suite
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.