National Project Personnel - Knowledge Management and Monitoring
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The position is located in the FAO Project Office in Hyderabad. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The following position is SB4 SC8.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Pakistan (FAOR) and the direct supervision of the Provincial International Program Coordinator; the Knowledge Management and Monitoring Specialist will work in close collaboration with the Project Coordinator of the project concerned and with other M&E staff in the FAO Sindh program and the FAO Representation in Islamabad. He or she will be responsible for performing the following duties:
Development, standardization and deployment of tools that capture quantitative and qualitative data for monitoring, evaluation and reporting under the defined project indicators in Results Frameworks of Project.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Implement a results-based monitoring system to provide timely feedback to project management on the progress and achievements of the project in accordance with the work plan and approved logical framework and identify obstacles which may hamper the attainment of project’s results and objectives.
- Develop tools for monitoring and data collection as required and provide training to enumerators and project staff involved in monitoring and data collection.
- Prepare monitoring reports and case studies as required.
- Assume a lead responsibility in conducting project surveys including but without being limited to the identification of most appropriate method for information gathering, preparation of data collection tools, quality assurance, training of enumerators, supervise data entry, data analysis and report generation.
- Conduct periodic and unscheduled field visits to obtain beneficiary feedback and to ensure timely, equitable and transparent delivery of assistance to beneficiaries.
- Develop a project monitoring plan with indicators both at output and outcome level.
- Prepare periodic progress reports on the implementation and result status as required.
- Design and implement the surveys and studies (especially Post Distribution Monitoring Surveys) under technical assistance of M&E unit Islamabad.
- Perform any other relevant task as requested by the Supervisor.
- The incumbent will ensure strict adherence to the UNDSS security procedures and advisory and perform any additional security related task on voluntary basis as required by the Supervisor.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University post-graduate qualification in development studies, agricultural economics, engineering, social sciences or related field focused on quantitative analysis.
- At least five years of relevant experience in agricultural and rural development as a monitoring and evaluation specialist.
- Competency in word processing, spreadsheet and database computer software, and an ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams is essential.
- Working knowledge of English, Urdu and Sindhi is essential and knowledge of other languages used in Sindh is an asset
- National of Pakistan
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Remain open to change and ability to manage complexity.
- Ability to work and act under pressure and with discretion in multicultural environment.
- Demonstrate capacity to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time to meet goals in a high-pressure environment.
- Familiar with FAO procedures, possess strong supervisory, communication, team building and computing skills (word processing, spreadsheets and data-bases).
Candidates will be assessed against the requirements listed above. Preference should be given to local candidates.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/