SENIOR PROGRAM MANAGER - USAID Thailand Together
DAI (Thailand) Ltd, an international consulting firm, is recruiting a highly qualified and motivated person to work as Senior Program Manager on the USAID-funded Together program in Thailand. Based in Bangkok, the period of employment for this position is approximately two years with possibility of extension. The position is open to Thai Nationals only.
Initiated in August 2018, Together is a four-year program that works with the Royal Thai Government to strengthen its capacity to engage and communicate with citizens, increasing its ability to effectively address citizen concerns and strengthen social cohesion. Together collaborates with CSOs to improve their capacity to advocate for public interests and work with government to develop solutions to common challenges. Through its partnerships and activities, Together expands the space for dialogue and reconciliation, and facilitates the growth of attitudes, networks, and mechanisms that nurture peace, tolerance, and responsive governance.
- Work closely with partner CSOs in Bangkok, the North and Northeast to design advocacy campaigns and provide high level mentoring during their implementation.
- Facilitate partner CSO capacity development and participation in advocacy processes.
- Support partner CSOs to engage with the Royal Thai Government, the private sector, media and other civil society groups in advocacy activities.
- Work closely with partner Royal Thai Government agencies at the province- and district-levels to improve and expand the use of on-going approaches and tools to communicate with and provide services to citizens.
- Design and deliver workshops and training courses for partner CSOs and Royal Thai Government agencies to share knowledge and develop joint strategies.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience supporting CSOs in developing advocacy campaigns and in building CSO advocacy capacity, and in working with Royal Thai Government agencies at the province- and district levels.
- Strong proficiency with methods and activities used in CSO-led and media-supported advocacy campaigns.
- Demonstrated experience assessing CSO capacity to conduct advocacy campaigns and designing technical assistance programs to strengthen weaknesses.
- Demonstrated ability to provide thought leadership and to work collegially and collaboratively with other staff and other organizations and ability to work with groups and individuals across the political spectrum at local and national levels.
- Broad networks with relevant Royal Thai Government agencies, civil society organizations and social movements in Thailand.
- Excellent public speaking, facilitation and communications skills. Fluent English and Thai reading, writing and speaking skills.
- Advanced university degree in related field, including political science, sociology, and public administration.
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
Application Instructions: Qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter (both in English) to ThailandRecruitment@dai.com by 31 January 2021.
Please specify the position title in the subject line of the transmittal email. Due to the high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or in-person applications will be accepted.