HR and Administrative Officer- Kerman Based- Iran Nationals Only
Rights Respected, People Protected
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people.
NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, food security, livelihoods, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors. The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 6000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. NRC runs the world's largest standby rosters NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
NRC in the Islamic Republic of Iran
NRC started operations in Iran in 2012. We currently deliver humanitarian assistance in 9 provinces in the sectors of Education, Food Security and livelihoods, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Shelter construction, as well as Information, Counseling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). We co-lead several technical inter-agency working groups and provide capacity building to humanitarian partners in country. Next to our programs, NRC Iran also built an advocacy unit to develop joint messages and initiatives among INGOs to improve rights of the displaced. Following several recent breakthroughs, NRC Iran is scaling up substantially its activities in support of the Government of Iran efforts towards an estimated 3,6 million Afghans residing in country and is expanding its programme unit.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Promote the rights of refugees and displaced in line with the advocacy strategy
- Identify and report protection needs and gaps, explore and propose new and safer ways to assist
- Responsible for all Recruitment process in Area South Office.
- Contribute to NRC Iran Workforce Planning at Area Level in coordination with Country Office HR.
- Contribute to NRC Iran Performance Management Plan at Area Level in coordination with Country Office HR.
- Keep NRC Iran HRMIS system updated at Area Level.
- Handle admin part of NRC Area South Petty Cash as per NRC Iran SOP.
- Ensure timely delivery of Administration services (travel, premises Etc.) at office level in coordination with Country Office.
- Contribute to the organization of events such as trainings, workshop and seminars.
- Ensure appropriate management of office supplies and stationaries.
- General follow up of the NRC office and houses /apartments and ensure that utility bills are paid.
- Working with different teams/CC at office level and compiling monthly visits plan and sharing with BAFIA.
- Maintain compilation of proper individual files for NRC employees at office level in coordination with Country Office.
- Follow up of staff attendance and administration (leaves, absence,.) at Office level and issue
- monthly Attendance and Leave reports in coordination with Country Office.
Generic professional competencies:
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working in HR and Administration roles
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good knowledge of English both written and spoken
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in HR and Administrative Management or other relevant field
- Proven knowledge and skills related to Human Resource and Administration in the Iranian
- context and Iranian labor law
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Coping with change
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Empowering and building trust
We can offer
Duty station: Kerman - Area South
Salary/Benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and condition
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.