||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position
Our client with financial assistance of the EU, developed a 5 year RADA project to support sustainable reintegration of returnees within their communities of return. RADA is implemented in 8 provinces of high return to achieve the following results:
- Sustainable reintegration: Returnees & communities in areas of high return in Afghanistan share an enabling environment for sustainable reintegration in which returnees reach a level of economic self sufficiency, social stability within their community & psychosocial well being that enables them to cope with (re)migration drivers. Activities include integrated community development projects, support to businesses, startups & TVET.
- Capacity strengthening: MoRR & its departments at the provincial level, has strengthened capacities to plan, coordinate & facilitate the provision of comprehensive reintegration assistance. Activities include technical assistance, peer to peer capacity building & the establishment of referral mechanisms & structures such as RIC at the provincial level.
- Reception assistance: Persons who are returned to Afghanistan under the joint way forward framework & additional arrangements on nonvoluntary returns, are provided with immediate assistance at the airport in Kabul, Afghanistan. Activities include medical & psychosocial screening & referral, temporary accommodation & onward transportation.
- Knowledge development: Comprehensive data collection, trend monitoring & research contributes to an evidence base on return, reintegration & development policy & practice in Afghanistan. Activities include data collection & analysis to monitor results, impact & contextual trends, publications & roundtables contribute to policy discussions at national & international level.
- Support the M&E Officer in the timely & effective implementation of ME&L activities for the RADA program, in line with the M&E manual, workplan & results framework.
- Ensure that all information relevant to key project indicators & outputs is collected in a timely manner & is consistent with the information required for reporting on progress, monitoring of activities, outputs & evaluation of outcomes & objectives.
- Undertake regular data collection from the field pertaining to the return & sustainable reintegration index & assist the M&E Officer on the verification & validation of the data that is collected in across Afghanistan by the M&E unit.
- Undertake the post reception assistance survey of arrivals from Turkey & Europe through telephone.
- Verify & compile data & provide regular reports to M&E Officer.
- Contribute to enhancing the quality of project implementation by undertaking monitoring in the field, recording lessons learned & documenting best practice.
- Support the provision of knowledge & skills transfer from IOM to implementing partners & other key stakeholders.
- Undertake routine, independent spot checks of program activities & ensure data quality through random verification & validation.
- Contribute to the work of the M&E Officer in documenting success stories & the MSC at both individual & community levels.
- Provide regular inputs to the communication & visibility unit in order to update program factsheets, bulletins, social media content & human interest stories.
- Support the M&E Officer in periodically reviewing & updating the M&E manual, plan & workplan.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
This role works under the overall supervision of the RADA Senior Project Manager & the direct supervision of the National Program Officer (M&E), the successful candidate will support M&E team in daily monitoring activities, undertake data collection, verification, reporting & in support of the implementation of the our client in Afghanistan managed, EU / DEVCO funded project RADA in Afghanistan through the abovementioned responsibilities.
- University Degree or equivalent Diploma in Social Sciences, Development, IM or any other related field.
- Proficiency in the usage of MS Office (MS Word, Excel, etc.) is required, advanced knowledge of spreadsheets & data analysis in Excel & the data analysis software is an added advantage.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in M&E.
- Demonstrable experience in qualitative & quantitative data analysis & reporting.
- Demonstrable experience in contributing to reports & public information products.
- Excellent communication skills in English & Dari is required, knowledge of Pashto is is advantageous.
- Respects & promotes individual & cultural differences, encourages diversity & inclusion wherever possible.
- Maintains high ethical standards & acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles / rules & standards of conduct.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent & committed manner & exercises careful judgment in meeting day to day challenges.
- Develops & promotes effective collaboration within & across units to achieve shared goals & optimize results.
- Produces & delivers quality results in a service oriented & timely manner, is action oriented & committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge & innovate.
- Takes ownership for achieving the organization’s priorities & assumes responsibility for own action & delegated work.
- Encourages & contributes to clear & open communication, explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring & motivational way.
- In depth knowledge of M&E standards & practice of UN.
- Good interpersonal & communication skills & experience of working on the field.
This role has no team management responsibility.
- The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
- Interested applicants are invited to send curriculum vitae through ACBAR website by COB 27th January 2021.
- We do not accept hard copies.
- Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your application is accurate.
- Campaigning for a candidate can be grounds for disqualification.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.