UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The application should contain:
• Brief Cover Letter (in English) stating interest in and qualifications for the post and your availability;
• Current and complete CV in English.
• UNDP only accepts interns for a minimum of 6 weeks and a maximum of 6 months;
• UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents, illness or death during the internship;
• Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity;
• The purpose of the internship is not to lead to further employment with UNDP but to complement an intern’s studies;
therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of an internship.
The Project for Livelihood Improvement in Tajik-Afghan Cross-border Areas phase II (LITACA II) is implemented in the framework of UNDP Sustainable Economic Development (SED) Cluster. The UNDPs project “Livelihood Improvement in Tajik-Afghan Cross-border Areas” phase II (LITACA II) is a three-year initiative, financed by the Government of Japan through Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) and implemented by UNDP Tajikistan in cooperation with UNDP Afghanistan. LITACA II is aimed to improve border communities’ access to rural infrastructure and public services, to increase employment opportunities for men and women, and to improve access for cross border trade, dialogue and partnerships which includes opportunities for rural women as well as vulnerable and marginalized groups, then there will be improved economic stability and community resilience in the border areas.
The LITACA II is implemented in 8 cross border districts of Khatlon Region of Tajikistan (Shaartuz, Jayhun, Qubodiyon, Panj, Dusti, Farkhor, Hamadoni and Shamsiddin Shohin) and 6 bordering districts of the Provinces of Badakhshan (Chah Ab), Kunduz (Imam Saheb), Takhar (Dasht-e-Qala, Yang-e-Qala), and Balkh (Khulm) of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
The following outcomes and outputs are envisaged to be achieved by LITACA II:
Outcome: Strengthened living standards of selected rural communities in the bordering areas of Tajikistan and Afghanistan.
Output 1: Border communities’ access to rural infrastructure and public services improved;
Output 2: Employment opportunities for women and men in bordering provinces of Tajikistan and Afghanistan are increased.
The project is willing to involve 3 local interns with duty stations in the main project office in Dushanbe, and Local Innovation and Implementation Offices in Bokhtar and Kulob cities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- provision of support in conduction of various events (presentations, trainings, steering meetings, workshops, etc);
- support in collection of information for success stories and posts in social media platforms;
- manage database and data collection on project related activities;
- provide contribution in drafting project related reports;
- provide suport in collecting data into the development of project Atlas;
- contribute for maintaining project M&E database through collecting data;
- provide suport to One village one product Association in identification of needs, development of action plans, collecting necessary data and implementation of action plans in your respective area;
- extracting, inputting, copying and filing data from various sources;
- creation of new files for procurement, finance, HR related cases as well as other project activities;
- collection, compilation and update of the information when needed;
- accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery;
- translate project related documents when needed.