GCF Readiness Project Coordinator
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner. The post is located in the FAO’s Project Office in the National Designated Authority (NDA) Office, Department of Environment (all FAO-Iran employees shall follow the UN workweek, which is from Sunday to Thursday and holiday schedule. Employees working in the project offices located in Government buildings shall work at the FAO Representation or from home on Government holidays and weekends which are not UN holidays).
Under the direct supervision of the FAO National Project Officer and overall supervision of the FAO Representative, the incumbent will perform the tasks described below.
The GCF Readiness Project Coordinator works closely with the National Project Director (NPD) and National Project Coordinator (NPC) in the FAO/national counterpart office and a wide range of Government officials, with central units and external project stakeholders and divers project international and national consultants, performing as the leader on enhancing the institutional capacity of the NDA Office in addressing the climate change related programmes and strategies.
(S)he will be assigned to undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
Tasks and responsibilities
- Manage the GCF Readiness project (GCP/IRA/068/GCR) including but not limited to preparing and executing project detailed work plan, monitoring project budget, as required, ensuring that funds are properly allocated, utilized and reported upon, take necessary corrective actions and inform management of any budget issues that may require attention.
- In close collaboration with FAO experts, National Project Officer and FAO Representative, contribute to the development of strategic frameworks, studies and reports mentioned in the project document.
- Maintain regular contact with the nominated officials from the NDA in the Department of Environment and close consultation with other national counterparts and stakeholders to ensure achieving project results.
- Oversight and conduct the trainings and workshops at national level and as per approved project work plan.
- Coordinate technical assistance and project task force missions including ensuring timely visa acquisitions, required documentation, and necessary correspondences with national and international experts, consultants and stakeholders.
- Support other national and international consultants (other technical teams in this project) in developing mechanisms to align existing national systems/processes with GCF requirements;
- Work with the project team including consultants in the design and conducting of training on the Guidelines and overall coordination for climate change/climate finance.
- Prepare and update project work plans, budgets and submit these to the NPD and FAO for clearance and then to the Project Steering Committee (PSC) for approval.
- Prepare quarterly project progress reports, interim Progress reports and financial statements and ensure their timely submission.
- Assist the Project Officer in updating the required reporting of data/documentation in the Field Programme Management Information System (FPMIS) for the project.
- Perform other duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in public management, economy, political sciences, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in project management and coordination, preferably related to climate change and/or environmental subjects.
- National of the Islamic Republic of Iran.
- Proven communications skills and fluent in English and Persian.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Knowledge and familiarity with institutional, policy and regulatory frameworks of GCF
- Ability to interact tactfully and effectively with multiple institutional actors in diverse sectors and at diverse levels, to communicate messages and to promote dialogue
- Experience in institutional management and strengthening
- Proven capacity to conduct fieldwork and ability to work in teams and establish working relationships central and local government institutions and civil society organizations
- Good command of computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Power point, Internet)
- Knowledge of NDA/Department of Environment. Knowledge and experience with the GCF is an asset.
- Experience in working in the ministries and related organizations to the climate change affair and public and private stakeholders would be an asset.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/