Project Officer; Integrated National Financing Frameworks for financing sustainable development(INFF Support)- Re-advert
- Provide technical support to UNDP, Ministry of Development Planning and partners for implementation of activities towards the Integrated National Financial Framework for Lesotho.
- Maintain a strategic network for partnerships and collaboration for project implementation, lessons sharing and networking
- Provide project management support to UNDP on the project and ensure effective liaison and coordinated implementation with UNDP Finance Hub, UNICEF and IOM
- Facilitating knowledge creation and management
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage with the UNDP Finance Hub to ensure effective technical support and implementation of standardized processes for operationalizing the INFFs at country level.
- Work with the government and partners to establish an inclusive and consultative process and oversight committees for development of the INFF roadmap and consensus building
- Aggregate documents, information, from a wide range of stakeholders including government, private sector, development partners and international finance institutions to support the Development Finance Assessment and other consultations necessary for operationalizing the INFF in Lesotho
- Ensure coordinated and inclusive mechanisms for review, feedback and adoption of written outputs and recommendations on the DFA and INFF roadmap processes
- Identify and ensure active engagement of coordination and oversight bodies for NSDP and SDGs in the INFF process
- Identify opportunities for collaboration and partnership with different stakeholders for attainment of the project objectives and realization of the INFF
- In collaboration with the Ministry of Development Planning, support strengthening and development of inclusive coordination platforms for INFF implementation and oversight Support establishment of platforms for participatory and inclusive government-led dialogues, and oversight mechanisms
- Undertake a constant monitoring and analysis of the project environment and identify and obtain any support and advice required for the management, planning and control of the project for timely readjustment of implementation modalities.
- Engage the project partners develop project workplans and determination of joint activities
- Mobilize goods and services to initiative activities, including drafting TORs and specifications for technical assistance and experts required in the project;
- Contribute to periodic project reporting processes by preparing the progress report and delivery of UNDP-led project activities , and other areas of accountability for regular performance monitoring and as may be required for project coordination.
- Monitor financial resources and accounting to ensure accuracy and reliability of financial reports;
- Ensure compliance to MPTF SDG Fund guidelines and consistency to overall coordination requirements in the implementation of the UNDP-led project component
- Liaise with the identified technical teams and consultants to the project to ensure relevance and sustainability of interventions.
- Establish project-specific communication and visibility channels and content for disseminating project related results and information.
- Participate in the technical committees, and other such platforms related to development of national statistics and data development.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN`s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting
- Ability to lead formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes and projects
- Demonstrate understanding of SDGs, NSDP and the regional development programs
- Knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation concepts, and use as well as national planning and reporting processes
- IT literacy and ability to operate with on-line web-based applications
- Knowledge and the ability to apply some data analysis tools and methods
- Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture
- In-depth knowledge of relevant development issues
- Ability to provide policy advice
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Effective communication skills in various contexts: strategic planning, mentoring, training and making presentations
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
Required Skills and Experience
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.