Assistant Storekeeper SC3 (Multan, Kotri & Upper Dir)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
|Job Title||Assistant Storekeeper|
|Contract Type||Service Contract|
|Contract Duration||Initial 6 months, extendable|
|Duty Station||Multan, Kotri, Upper-Dir|
|Total Positions||Three (3)|
This vacancy announcement is for nationals of Pakistan only. Deadline for applications is 27 January 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in WFP warehouses and operating under close supervision of a Storekeeper.
To support receipt/dispatch and verification of commodities in order to maximise quality of warehouse operations and mitigate losses, and to support the best storage management practices in compliance with WFP warehouse guidelines and standards.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Support receipt/dispatch commodities including transhipment (truck to truck) against official approved documentation (e.g. waybills and/or delivery notes) ensuring accuracy in physical count of commodities including the quality in compliance with the established standards.
- Prepare and verify warehouse and transport documents, and maintain confidential files and accurate warehouse transaction records, to ensure immediate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
- Support daily warehouse closing reconciliation and accurate inventory checks in compliance with the warehouse management requirements.
- Perform daily inspections and prepare reports on the quantity and quality of the commodities received/dispatched and handled, and refer to the supervisor for appropriate action.
- Support implementation of appropriate measures to safeguard food and non-food commodities to ensure quality control using standard preventive measures in line with WFP established procedures and authorization received from the supervisor.
- Monitor condition of the warehouse and commodities and take appropriate actions to support efficient warehouse space-utilization and well-organized commodity storage following WFP warehouse standards.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Supply Chain Management and Optimization||Displays aptitude at monitoring and reporting on supply chain operations to enable teams to efficiently assess the performance and sustainability of current networks.|
|Planning, Project & Resource Mgmt||Supports the planning, forecasting & resource management efforts of own team by collecting data from diverse sources.|
|Information Management & Reporting||Collates accurate and timely information and data to enable informed decision making on reporting within individual unit and consequently the greater humanitarian community.|
|Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution||Ability to collect and collate necessary information to enable WFP to make informed operational decisions.|
|Warehouse and Inventory Management||Demonstrates ability to carry out day to day activities around warehouse and inventory management in a manner that complies with WFP's operational warehouse procedures.|
|Technical Assistance and Coordination||Demonstrates awareness of the importance of technical assistance and coordination with key stakeholders and an ability to carry out logistics activities, respecting individual mandates and programme priorities.|
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Completion of higher secondary school education, preferably supported by a university degree in related field.
Three or more years of progressively responsible work experience in warehouse management and logistics.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience monitoring various aspects of logistics operations.
- Experience in supporting warehouse management.
- Experience in supporting inventory management.
- Experience in data entry and extracting routine reports.
Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Urdu language.
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.