Monitoring Assistant SC4, Multiple Locations (Sindh)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
|Job Title||Monitoring Assistant|
|Contract Type||Service Contract|
|Contract Duration||Initial 6 months, extendable|
|Duty Station||Badin, Jamshoro, Mirpurkhas, Sanghar, Umerkot|
This vacancy announcement is for nationals of Pakistan only. Deadline for applications is 27 January 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This job is located in WFP assisted districts of Badin, Jamshoro, MirpurKhas and Sanghar. The Monitoring Assistant will report directly to Programme Associate M&E at Field Office level under the overall guidance of Head of Field Office Karachi.
To perform monitoring activities within a specific coverage area and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Monitoring of selected villages as part of validation exercise to make sure those are as per listed criteria
- Validation of the registered participants as per provided sample
- Validation of ongoing activities (trainings).
- Monitoring of cash disbursement/GFD and other projects which are being implemented in assigned duty station, reporting issues or discrepancies to the supervisor/programme colleagues for timely resolution of problems and to ensure that the distribution quantity and implementation quality of activities is in line with WFP standards.
- Post-distribution monitoring of activities to record satisfaction of beneficiaries and effectiveness of WFP activities.
- Prepare daily/weekly monitoring plan with supervisor and maintain information records and monitoring plan documentation, such as programme checklists.
- Prepare field mission reports to document programme implementation.
- Receive and collate comments and feedback from cooperating partners, beneficiaries, and to support identifying programmatic issues with a view to fostering efficient operations.
- Report the critical field related issues in issues tracking sheet/SugarCRM and provide feedback for timely closure.
- Provide guidance to the cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to complete self-monitoring tasks and to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas.
- Ensure necessary coordination with the line departments at district level as per provided guidelines and liaise with the respective CPs.
- Participate in the district level coordination meetings and provide the district updates and information, data whenever required.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Strategic Management||Displays basic understanding of WFP’s policies and strategies to perform monitoring and/or evaluation activities and their inter-relationship.|
|Performance Management||Applies knowledge of WFP’s performance management system to manage resources and relationships to undertake monitoring actions or deliver straightforward evaluations of operations, programmes, or processes to WFP monitoring and/or evaluation quality standards.|
|Qualitative/Quantitative Methodology||Understand and applies an appropriate mix of established methods and data collection tools to monitoring, reviews or straightforward evaluations, in line with WFP’s strategic and operational results frameworks (metrics), WFP guidance and technical standards.|
|Data Analytics and Visualization||Collects and summarizes programme data, including information on shipments, distribution site logistics, the status of personas in need, and beneficiaries planned and reached for all programme assistance modalities and activities.|
|Programme Monitoring and Review||Gathers, organizes, and provides data on programme outputs, processes, and outcomes, including distribution plans and the status, quantity, and quality of food and cash distributed and technical assistance provided.|
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Completion of higher secondary school education, preferably supported by a university degree in social sciences or related field.
- Has experience of at least 4 years or more in monitoring of humanitarian or development projects.
- Familiar with the cash-based programme modalities, working experience in emergencies.
- Has experience analysing programme output and outcome data.
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Access
Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Urdu language.
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.