Administration Assistant G5, Karachi
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
|Job Title||Administration Assistant|
|Contract Type||Fixed Term|
|Contract Duration||1 Year|
|Duty Station||Karachi, Pakistan|
This vacancy announcement is for nationals of Pakistan only. Deadline for applications is 27 January 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This job is found in Karachi Field Office. The Job holder reports to a Head of Unit, Chief, Administration Officer, or the designate.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
To support effective delivery and maintenance of client-focused, value-for-money oriented quality administrative practices.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Assign vehicle/driver for all official travels as and when requested through Hub.
- Maintain duty roster for drivers for field visits, OT, evening and weekend duties and assign duties for daily shuttle and airport transfers.
- Verify vehicles' logbook.
- Recommend drivers' overtime and ensure its timely submission.
- Provide updates to Finance for vendor charging against shuttle service and private use.
- Forecast fuel requirement and manage fuel supply.
- Raise PR for fuel and keep track of rest of the process (also for Prov. Offices)
- Issue fuel coupon to buy fuel and keep their record where necessary.
- FMS is correctly Maintained and all data pertaining to refueling & maintenance captured in database.
- Monthly data entry of fuel receipts & RM in FMS
- Keep track of accident reporting.
- Consolidate and submit monthly report on Vehicles' Cost Performance
- Supervise fleet for R&M and ensure it is always operational
- Submit payment request against the invoice for fuel & Maintenance.
- Produce monthly fuel consumption report review invoice, reconcile with the records and identify errors.
- Receive TA and create Trip Document in WINGS, before travel takes place Enforce implementation of SOP.
- Arrange itinerary/air ticket for air travel
- Process travel advance request & air ticket cost
- Logistic arrangements for staff travel (GH, Hotel, etc.
- Receive TEC and review for its legitimacy/attachments
- Modify/close TEC in WINGS
- Secure approval from Approving Officer and submit for FI posting
- Monthly follow up for to be created, Open and To be settled TDs
- Compile Monthly Travel plan and share with CO-PAK
- Raise PR for Sindh Province POL, Janitorial and events and follow up on timely payment
- Enter SES/GRNs for Admin Unit and on behalf of other units.
- Raise Purchase Requisitions in WINGS for general services and keep regular tracking.
- Maintain PR Registry and database.
- Advise appropriate action on pending PRs and give alerts to relevant staff for recognition of expenses in the same period of exp;
- Receive telephone calls and office visitors and route them to appropriate person
- PACE & Performance evaluation of drivers.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Business Support Services & Reporting||Exhibits ability to convert business plans into clear actions for team members to support the implementation of the program. Collects and reports data to draw out fact-based insights.|
|Internal Controls & Risk Management||Demonstrates basic knowledge of internal controls, risk management, and monitoring mechanisms and their applicability to immediate client’s critical activities.|
|Resource Management||Monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders and key clients.|
|Specialised Knowledge in Administrative Services||Demonstrates a broad or specialist knowledge of administration best practices, techniques and processes, and a good grasp of WFP standards, processes, and infrastructure in area of responsibility; applies this to ensure the provision of efficient and effective administration services.|
|Customer Focus||Monitors and supervises administrative work against the established standards and protocols for service excellence. Ensures that customer problems are identified and resolved.|
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Completion of higher secondary school education, preferably supported by a university degree in business administration or related field.
- Has at least 5 years or more experience in general administration. Experience in travel and transport management is desirable.
- Has demonstrated an ability to perform all routine administrative activities in line with WFPs operating standards through day to day work
- Has supported in providing ad-hoc guidance to new staff members
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Access
Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Urdu language.
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.