IT Business Analyst, CSM (internal candidates only)
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
Background information - ITG
The UNOPS Information Technology Group (ITG) unit is focused on innovation and harnessing cutting-edge technology to deliver solutions to UNOPS that truly address business needs.
Working with UNOPS IT Group is a unique opportunity to deliver systems to users around the world - making an impact on development and solving practical problems for the UNOPS workforce and thereby help people build better lives and countries achieve peace and sustainable development.
ITG’s goal is to provide greater effectiveness, efficiency, and differentiation to UNOPS products and services. UNOPS IT Group is responsible for architecting, designing, delivering, and managing all UNOPS IT infrastructure and business applications. The unit includes Enterprise Architects, Business Analysts, Solutions Designers, and Developers from all around the world who are based primarily in Denmark and Thailand.
Under the supervision of the Solutions Designer, Change Support & Maintenance (CSM), the IT Business Analyst (CSM) will be the cross functional point of contact for IT changes and support within UNOPS. The position is responsible for collaborating with the business functions to understand the core business needs and to ensure that the solution delivered by ITG addresses the need and results in improvements in the form of increased effectiveness, efficiency, or differentiation for UNOPS products and services.
3. High-level support
1. Gathers and documents requirements and performs analysis to identify key business needs
Assesses client needs utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes)
Analyzes client operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to uncover opportunities for improvements
Conducts requirements workshops and meetings to gather requirements from the business function
Identifies business needs and benefits of the change in the business process and ensure separation from preconceived solutions
Produces documentation of the business need, benefits of change, and detailed requirements
2. Collaborates with business functions to perform data and process design
Produces process and data flow design in close collaboration with the business function owner as well as other relevant business functions that may be impacted by the change in the process
Ensures that requirements and process design span across wider value delivery processes
Negotiates with business functions to drive the potential realisation of tangible benefits from changes to business processes
Makes recommendations and demonstrate how to best utilize UNOPS business systems to accomplish business objectives
Identify, analyse and resolve system issues escalated by the IT System Support team
Provide solutions to inquiries about system functionalities and issues, by seeking technical advice and support from other members of the IT team, colleagues, and subject matter experts
Ensure optimal quality services by maintaining ownership of escalated problems until the appropriate resolution is reached and communicated to the person reporting the problem
Liaise with suppliers to obtain third level support as required
4. Coordinates between IT teams and business functions as needed to support the change process and system service catalog, bringing efficiency and transparency to change and service request processes
Coordinates the system change request process, ensuring requested changes meet feasibility and priority thresholds.
Coordinates estimates for the solutions with the IT functional teams and the CSM team; for prioritisation by the change board.
Maintains system service request catalog, ensuring standard service requests are documented and reviewed regularly to ensure efficient escalation and use of IT resources in performing standard services.
Provides inputs to the Solutions Design team to assist in the development of appropriate solutions.
Assists in production support by investigating reported application problems and works with IT functional and technical specialists to test, diagnose, analyse and isolate the root cause of problems. Coordinates further diagnosis and tests as necessary and recommend workarounds where appropriate
Troubleshoots existing information systems to identify errors or deficiencies and develops requirements for addressing the same
Provides functional support in the development and review of design activities for system improvements, changes, enhancements and upgrades
Assists in the development of acceptance criteria, test scenarios and test cases for functional testing of solutions delivered by ITG
Identifies training needs for functional experts within business functions
Develops and facilitate and/or conduct training sessions for functional experts / trainers with the business function (workshops, webinars, webcasts, one-to-one, online)
Maintains and updates training material to ensure that it is current and relevant
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
- Master’s Degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Project Management or other relevant discipline is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in combination with additional two years of experience may be accepted in lieu of master’s degree.
- Secondary education in combination with additional six years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a master's degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience required in the area of processes relating to Finance, Assets, Procurement or related operational function
- Experience with developing requirements for ERP systems is required
- Experience with developing requirements for Unit4 Business World (UBW) ERP is highly desired
- Experience dealing with stakeholders at different organizational levels is required
- Experience with performing high-level system support function is required
- Experience in user training and developing training materials is desired.
- Experience in quality assurance and functional documentation is desired.
- Knowledge of ITIL framework of best practices for delivering IT services is desired.
- Excellent communication skills and good IT understanding
- Full working knowledge of English is essential.
- Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Individual Contractor Agreement
Contract level: IICA1
Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- This vacancy is open to internal candidates only.
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- For retainer contracts, you must complete a few Mandatory Courses (around 4 hours) in your own time, before providing services to UNOPS.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.