Communication for Development Officer - Polio
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of Communication for Development Specialist for Health, (Nairobi)/ Helath Specialist/Officer Garissa arissa Field Office / Health Specialist/Officer Lodwar Field Office, the UN Volunteers will undertake the following tasks:
- Provide technical support to the C4D specialist for Health (based in Nairobi), the Health Specialist/Officer based in Nairobi and Garissa / Lodwar Field Office.
- Support MoH, Health Promotion and community health Units in coordination of integrated behaviour change communication interventions at national and selected counties.
- Support establish contextualized approaches to increase acceptance and uptake of new vaccines.
- Support planning, implementation and monitoring of Advocacy, Communication and Social Mobilization activities during campaigns including Polio Campaigns and other routine immunization campaigns.
- Support UNICEF-GAVI focus counties in development and implementation of county specific communication plans.
- Support the develop and contextualization of training materials and activities to build capacity in participatory & social and behavior change communication in support of Immunization.
- Support counties in implementation of Nomadic strategies for Routine and Supplemental Immunization campaigns.
- Strengthen county level coordination mechanisms among MOH and partners involved in immunization and communication for development activities.
- Any other duty assigned by the C4D Manager or C4D Health Specialist
University Degree in Environment/Public Health, Social Science or any other relevant field of disciplineRequired experience: 24 Months Experience remark:
At least 2 years’ experience in the areas of communication for development planning, media and material development, preferably in the area of communication for the Immunization and outbreak response programme.Language skills:
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Kiswahili(Optional), Level - Fluent
Communication for development planning, media and material development, preferably in the area of communication for the Immunization and outbreak response programme.Driving license: No Competencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Creativity, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to
Application deadline: 28 January 2021