Sarajevo (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
UN Women is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UN Women does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Country Programme Coordinator, the Project Associate is responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Support to implementation of Project activities, ensuring quality of business processes;
- Support to financial monitoring and management;
- Support to project planning;
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
- Support in mainstreaming gender equality.
- Ensures that submissions are prepared in line with the UN Women standards, rules and regulations;
- Coordinates procurement procedures for the project activities according to the UN Women rules and regulations;
- Assists in the organization of field visits, missions, workshops, training, roundtables and conferences within the project;
- Maintains and updates all administrative, personnel and financial files and records as well as general office files related to the project;
- Assists in preparation of draft job descriptions, vacancy announcements, requests for recruitments, interview minutes and requests for contract;
- Assists staff by processing requests for ID cards, driving waivers and other personnel related documents in accordance with requirements of the organization;
- Maintains the inventory of project assets/equipment and correspondence and files;
- Ensures completion of monthly leave reports and attendance records of project staff;
- Prepares vehicle and security request;
- Performs any other duty as requested by the supervisor.
- Prepares and processes project related financial transactions in Global Atlas System, such as vouchers, requisitions, purchase orders, customer/vendor info updates, project budget revisions etc;
- Supports periodic and ad-hoc financial reporting to UN Women and other parties, as needed;
- Supports the project management in monitoring expenditures and commitments against project budget and relevant plans;
- Provides finance-related data to support project implementation, planning and reporting;
- Drafts various correspondence concerning finance, operations and budgetary issues as required;
- Assists team members, experts and consultants, in liaison with UN Women Operations, on financial and other operational matters.
- Collects, analyses and presents information for monitoring and evaluation of project implementation against targets;
- Compiles and designs background information for formulation of project work plans, draft annual/quarterly budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements, draft of quarterly reports;
- Monitors quality of delivery of inputs provided by the consultants, beneficiaries and contracted companies and communicates findings to the supervisor;
- Maintains timetables for the Project Advisory Board meetings and provides support to organizing and holding the meetings, including the preparation and dissemination of information and follow-up.
- Participates in the trainings for the operations/ programme staff on HR, POPP, etc. and organizes briefings for the programme staff where necessary on new internal procedures;
- When necessary, provides guidance to programme staff in business processes, administrative and other requirements and procedures;
- Contributes to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
5.Support in mainstreaming gender equality:
- Supports the Country Programme Coordinator in effectively mainstreaming the gender equality throughout project activities, work plans, budgets, reports, researches, analyses and, where specifically relevant, analysed in detail;
- Ensures that all the data, when collecting and compiling inputs related to the project, are gender and age disaggregated and evaluated from the gender point of view;
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Ability to extract, interpret, analyze data and resolve operational problems;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Ability to support a team and team building skills;
- Strong IT skills and ability to apply it consistently in work tasks;
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations, organizational policies and procedures related to the position and ability to apply it consistently in work tasks;
- Focus on results and positive response to feedback;
- Attention to detail;
- Generates new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things;
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches;
- Reports to internal and external partners in a timely and appropriate fashion;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet partners and donors needs and deadlines;
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external partners;
- Responds to partners needs promptly.
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree in Economics, Social Sciences or similar;
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience is required;
- Demonstrated project experience will be highly valued as well as the previous work on topics related to gender equality, human rights and governance;
- Experience with the international standards related to the project cycle management and monitoring and evaluation of projects will be considered an asset;
- Experience working with women rights issues is needed and having a good understanding of public finance management and gender responsive budgeting will be considered an asset;
- Previous experience working with UN or other international organizations will be considered an asset.
- Excellent English and B/S/C language skills, both written and oral.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UN Women rosters
Note: UN Women reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.