Administration Assistant-Fleet Management
Job Title: Administration Assistant-Fleet Management
Job Level: SC5 (Service Contract) | National Position
Number of openings: 01
Unit/ Division: Administration
Contract duration: 12 months
Duty station: Yaoundé
Assisting almost 100 million people in around 83 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
Our mission is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In Cameroon, the WFP Cameroon Country Strategic Plan [CSP] (2018 – 2021) endeavours to ensure that targeted food-insecure and vulnerable populations benefit from more sustainable and inclusive food systems and increased resilience to shocks to meet their food and nutrition needs. Under this CSP, WFP will design and implement interventions to address food and nutrition security challenges, from production through to consumption.
In line with the CSP, WFP will apply its vast comparative advantages including experiences in delivery of food assistance to hundreds of thousands of the most vulnerable in timely, innovative, cost effective and sustainable ways, its deep field presence, logistics and supply chain, partnerships and relationships with national and regional authorities to; a) strengthen national systems and capacities to deliver food and nutrition security; b) contribute to greater efficiency in crisis response interventions; c) ensure access to nutritious food rather than provision while building the national capacities and systems for social protection, emergency preparedness and response and government-led programmes and services; and d) increase resilience by focusing on food systems rather than access to food, through development of integrated solutions that can be scaled up by Government and the private sector.
What will you do?
You will support effective delivery and maintenance of client-focused, value-for-money oriented quality administrative practices.
Why work with us?
- WFP provides food assistance to more than 86 million people in 83 countries, including Cameroon. Your work will have a positive impact on lives of the world’s most vulnerable people.
- You will join a diverse team of professionals and will have an opportunity to exchange your experiences with your colleagues and continuously learning from each other.
- WFP invests in the training and development of its employees through a range of training, accreditation, mentorship and other programs as well as through international mobility opportunities.
- Our team is growing nationally and internationally and the timing to join us cannot be better!
Join us to make a difference, watch this video to know more about us!!
Key Responsibilities (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
Reporting to the National Administration Officer, you will:
- Collate and process information including dissemination to support the production of standard documents and reports for the unit, to enable decision-making and the effective management of resources.
- Undertake research and perform basic analyses of data, to contribute to the provision of accurate information and effective management of resources.
- Check the provision of a range of services, including facilities and light vehicle management, travel, protocol related, etc., maintaining information, to contribute to the provision of a safe and comfortable working environment.
- Ensure timely customs clearance of consignments and manage storage of goods according to "best practices" and WFP rules and regulations.
- Implement effective asset and fleet management procedures for regular monitoring of asset/fleet pool, saving cost and safeguarding the investment of the organization including receipt, inspection, registration, physical verification and marking of new PPE.
- Ensure that “Right of Use” agreements are issued and signed accordingly.
- Ensure proper preparation of disposal forms and cases for the (Local) Property Survey Board.
- Organize the disposal of Assets, according to (Local) Asset Management Board decisions.
- Provide in-depth asset management and customized reports as required
- Monitor the quality and accuracy of supply chain related data in relevant business systems.
- Compile and analyses statistical information identify trends and developments in supply chain related matters that will assist in decision making.
- Promote commitment to and monitor compliance with UNHCR's global policies, standards and guidance on supply chain management.
- Ensure effective information flow in the supply chain and adapt local processes to the prevailing environment.
Qualifications and Key requirements
Education: Completion of secondary school education (GCE A Level or Baccalaureate). A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain is desirable.
Experience: At least 3 years of relevant professional experience
A previous experience working with the humanitarian sector is a nice to have.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages such as Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge or experience in Enterprise Resources Planning system (ERP) would be an advantage.
Languages: Fluency in French with good working knowledge of English.
Deadline for application
Date: 20th January 2021 at 11:59 PM.
This position open to Cameroonian nationals only
Terms and Conditions
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting an inclusive work environment in which diversity is valued and where no form of discrimination is tolerated. We aim to achieve parity in our teams in West and Central Africa.
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate based on HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.