IT Operations Assistant
Job Title: IT Operations Associate (SCOPE)
Job Level: SC 6 (Service Contract)
Number of openings: 01
Unit/ Division: IT
Contract duration: 12 months
Duty station: Yaoundé
Assisting almost 100 million people in around 83 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
Our mission is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In Cameroon, the WFP Cameroon Country Strategic Plan [CSP] (2018 - 2021 endeavours to ensure that targeted food-insecure and vulnerable populations benefit from more sustainable and inclusive food systems and increased resilience to shocks to meet their food and nutrition needs. Under this CSP, WFP will design and implement interventions to address food and nutrition security challenges, from production through to consumption. In line with the CSP, WFP will apply its vast comparative advantages including experiences in delivery of food assistance to hundreds of thousands of the most vulnerable in timely, innovative, cost effective and sustainable ways, its deep field presence, logistics and supply chain, partnerships and relationships with national and regional authorities to; a) strengthen national systems and capacities to deliver food and nutrition security; b) contribute to greater efficiency in crisis response interventions; c) ensure access to nutritious food rather than provision while building the national capacities and systems for social protection, emergency preparedness and response and government-led programmes and services; and d) increase resilience by focusing on food systems rather than access to food, through development of integrated solutions that can be scaled up by Government and the private sector.
What will you do?
Based in Yaoundé, you will deliver standard software and hardware support services, as well as monitoring and maintaining a wide range of information sources, to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.
Why work with us?
- WFP provides food assistance to more than 86 million people in 83 countries, including Cameroon. Your work will have a positive impact on lives of the world’s most vulnerable people.
- You will join a diverse team of professionals and will have an opportunity to exchange your experiences with your colleagues and continuously learning from each other.
- WFP invests in the training and development of its employees through a range of training, accreditation, mentorship and other programs as well as through international mobility opportunities.
- Our team is growing nationally and internationally and the timing to join us cannot be better!
Join us to make a difference, watch this video to know more about us!!
Key Responsibilities (not all inclusive, nor exhaustive):
As the CO focal point for SCOPE, you will work under the direct supervision and guidance of the IT Operations Officer. Within the assigned Unit and delegated authority, you will:
- Support in the roll out of implementation of SCOPE in Cameroon CO;
- Support in the facilitation of SCOPE training for relevant WFP staff and CPs;
- Ensure relevant CO and FO staff have access to SCOPE and update profiles accordingly;
- Participate as a team lead and monitor SCOPE registrations;
- Support in resolving beneficiary complaints originating from SCOPE and ensuring that all WFP food assistance interventions and beneficiaries are enrolled into SCOPE;
- Support the SCOPE implementations, ensuring collaboration and seamless interaction amongst users in the different business units;
- Perform testing, deployments of hardware and software including identification of problems, to contribute to the effective functioning of SCOPE devices;
- Support the CO and FOs in the dissemination of newly introduced IT systems and tools.
- Provide First level IT and TC support to the end users when required;
- Support the IT unit’s procurement activities by issuing (PR, SES, GRN) prior to the invoice processing;
- Process IT Unit’s invoices in the corporate invoicing platform;
- Support the IT Unit on the Admin related matters (International procurement customs clearance process, etc….);
- Respond to a variety of end user business and technical queries about SCOPE to enable efficient delivery of assistance;
- Support FOs in ensuring consistent use and correct application of SCOPE during the processing and distributions of monthly food assistance using both CBTs and IK;
- Support the programme unit to strengthen and maintain cooperation with other UNHCR Colleagues involved in registration;
- Any other duty as required….
Qualifications and Key Requirements
Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
Experience: At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in hardware maintenance or within relevant fields.
Previous experience working with humanitarian sector will be a nice to have
Language: Fluency in French and good working knowledge of English.
Deadline for application: January 20th, 2021
This position open to Cameroonian nationals only
Terms and Conditions
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting an inclusive work environment in which diversity is valued and where no form of discrimination is tolerated. We aim to achieve parity in our teams in West and Central Africa.
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate based on HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.