Project Management Unit Assistant (21-04)
The International Potato Center (CIP) is looking for a dynamic Project Management Unit with high level of commitment and excellent organizational skills to support the Projects ad Finance teams by providing timely, accurate and effective information.
About the role
The objective of this position is to provide support to the Project Management Unit Team. The person selected will be based in HQ-Lima, Peru and will report directly to the Head of the Project Management Unit.
Implementation and Compliance
- Assist project team with management and implementation of project deliverables in liaison with Project Management Unit Specialists and Officers.
- Assist in tracking projects’ annual budgets and forecast while working with project managers to explain variance and make needed programmatic course corrections if necessary.
- Assist in reviewing Project Status Reports to ensure strong monthly financial oversight.
- Assist in reviewing invoices/reports from project partners, challenge or approve as appropriate.
- In liaison with Project Management Specialists, supports Project Leaders with contractual management, linked to the Grants and Contracts unit.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Assist in monitoring progress against project output and provide feedback and action steps to Project Leader to achieve project objectives.
- Prepare KPIs and reports as needed.
- Organize and maintain shared knowledge portals for supporting projects (KM Hub, websites).
- Support the communication with donors and customers to exchange necessary project information in liaison with Project Management Specialists.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, or Financial Management, or Operations or related field.
- Additional certification in Project Management
- At least 1 year of experience required in similar position.
- Proficient in MS Office, especially in Excel.
- Good qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
- Knowledge in software solutions (ERP)
- Advanced written and oral communication skills in English.
- Interpersonal communication and strong teamwork skills.
Why should you consider this opportunity?
- CIP is a global and reputable international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background.
- CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improving nutrition and well-being, and gender equity for poor people in roots, tubers farming and food systems in the developing world.
- CIP is a member of the CGIAR, a network of 15 research centers that are mostly located in developing countries and supported by more than 50 donor members.
What are we offering?
- Excellent working environment.
- Generous compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Six-month term contract with possibility of renewal
- Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
How to apply?
Visit the following link: ( http://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/) and submit your cover letter and a full C.V. with your references. Screening of applications will begin on January 25, 2021 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position WILL NOT have contact with children or vulnerable adults
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and professionals from developing countries are particularly encouraged to apply