UNV Associate Reporting Officer (Donor Relations)
Cox's Bazaar (Bangladesh)
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Officer, the UN Volunteer will undertake the fol-lowing tasks:
- Keep abreast all developments in operations to prepare appropriate briefings and reports.
- Prepare periodic reports, i.e. donor updates, internal sitreps, briefing notes for senior managers, and activity-specific reports as required.
- Prepare funding submissions for donors, and draft any required after-action reports.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with the government, NGOs, and UN agencies to ensure cooperation in inter-related activities.
- Support the supervisor in preparation for meetings and missions drafting of talking points.
- Organize and accompany missions for VIP visitors, delegates to visit refugee sites or the activ-ities of UNHCR implementing partners.
- Be the focal point and regularly liaise with field units to ensure UNHCR and donor visibility is implemented in the field
- Perform other related duties as required.
International Relations, Political Science, Journalism, Communications, Business of Public Administration.Required experience: 24 Months Experience remark:
A minimum 2 years of experience in a field related to external relations, communications, media relations or reporting.Language skills:
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Experience in reporting, excellent writing skills. Experience in donor relations is an asset.
- Computer literate; proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, etc); knowledge of publishing software is an asset.
- Excellent drafting and reporting skills; good research and analytical skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team;
- Sound security awareness;
- Have affinity with or interest in humanitarian relief, post-conflict situations, volunteerism as a mech-anism for durable development, and the UN system;
- Skills on training and developing staff.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Communication, Creativity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Technological Awareness, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 31 January 2021