Technical Coordinator, Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCAH)
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Nationality: Liberians Only
The Technical Coordinator, Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child, Adolescent Health (RMNCAH) will report to the Senior Technical Coordinator, Quality Management, and work closely with the NCHS Director to ensure that LMH’s strategic and programmatic priorities are executed with the Ministry of Health and its partners. In this role, the Technical Coordinator supports the Senior Technical Coordinator, Quality Management in strengthening the linkage between the NCHS team and the Family Health Division and its affiliated sub-working groups including but not limited to MNDSR TWG, RH TWG, as well as the Nutrition Divisions and stakeholders. The Technical Coordinator, RMNCAH will also carry out ad hoc projects and information-gathering assignments tasked by the Senior Technical Coordinator, Quality Management. Finally, the Technical Coordinator will support other maternal and child health staff when requested.
What You'll Do
- Support and provide technical guidance for the development, implementation, and evaluation of RMNCAH activities.
- Support the Senior Technical Coordinator, Quality Management to ensure the technical and methodological soundness of activities and, in collaboration with the project team, the MOH, and partners, support the design of service delivery strategies, based on sound, current scientific evidence.
- In collaboration with the medical team and other LMH programmatic team, support the Senior Technical Coordinator for Quality Management in reviewing, adapting and developing, evidence-based training materials, job aids, service delivery guidelines, supervisory systems, quality improvement, and other tools needed for the implementation RMNCAH activities.
- Support the NCHS team to develop and implement capacity-building strategies and activities with the MOH at the central and county level for enhancing the implementation of RMNCAH programs, including capacities in RMNCAH integration.
- In collaboration with the Senior Technical Coordinator, Quality Management, ensure the inclusion of learning activities from pilots and knowledge management around RMNCAH activities into programmatic guidance and policy advocacy.
- In collaboration with the Senior Technical Coordinator, Quality Management, identify and support the organization and implementation of RMNCAH capacity building opportunities at the central Ministry of Health and county level.
- Under the guidance of the Senior Technical Coordinator, Quality Management, support the development and implementation of quality improvement policies, strategies, and RMNCAH as part of key programmatic activities.
- Support the NCHS team to ensure that key RMNCAH interventions and strategies are integrated into the NCHAP policy and implementation aligns with the national RMNCAH investment case Previous experience working with line ministries and local government in Liberia a plus.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- The professional licensed clinician (MD, RN, CM, RM, RNM), with RMNCAH experience, Advanced degree in public health, epidemiology, nursing, or behavioral/social sciences is an advantage.
- At least 8 years’ work experience in coordinating programs, preferably at the national level and in collaboration with government entities.
- Formal experience working with community programs especially on National Community Health Assistant Program.
- Expertise in Reproductive Maternal Child and Adolescent Health from the community to hospital.
- Strong experience with social accountability approaches to improve service coverage, quality, and equity;
- Senior-level experience in advising and collaborating with the MOH at Central and county levels.
- Experience in quality improvement and use of data for decision-making use.
- Able to work independently and manage multiple tasks in a team setting with minimal supervision.
You'll Impress Us If
- You have demonstrated previous success in coordinating and managing complex relationships with a variety of partners and entities, particularly government counterparts.
- You have Strong skills in research design and implementation.
- You are Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing in English (required); and
- Strong computer literacy is required
- You have previous experience working with line ministries and local government in Liberia a plus
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. Last Mile Health is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Malawi, Boston, and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For more information about Last Mile Health, visit our website, and our careers page to know more about working at Last Mile Health. Last Mile Health is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The Deadline for applications is February 4, 2021.
FEMALES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!!!