IT Infrastructure Project Manager
EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY
Vacancy in the Directorate of Internal Services.
ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. For this purpose, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, beliefs, age, disability or other characteristics. Applications from women are encouraged.
IT Infrastructure Project Manager
This post is classified A2-A4 on the Coordinated Organisations’ salary scale.
ESRIN, Frascati, Italy, or ESTEC, Noordwijk, Netherlands, or ESOC, Darmstadt, Germany
You will report to the Head of the IT Infrastructure Section, Security and Shared Infrastructure Services Division, Information Technology Department, Directorate of Internal Services
You will play an active role in defining, managing and evolving the shared IT infrastructure services offered by ESA’s IT Department. In particular, you will be responsible for the adoption and evolution of services in the domain of local and wide-area networks, remote access and network security. You will be supporting both ESA- wide user communities and technical/specialised users with specific business needs.
You will be responsible for:
- contributing to the innovation of the shared IT Infrastructure Service Portfolio, in line with the technology and service evolutions in order to meet ESA users and technical customers’ requirements;
- translating the functional and business needs of ESA users and customers into modern network architectures and designs, optimising user experience, service performance and costs;
- defining and leading projects and activities aimed at improving and evolving the network services wrt. efficiency and resilience (e.g. network automation, software-defined networking, zero trust access);
- driving the extension of ESA networks to new sites and establishments, and implementing secure and effective connectivity to multi-cloud services (public, private cloud and edge computing models) and to ESA partners;
- ensuring smooth introduction into service of new solutions and technological service evolutions, reviewing and accepting the relevant service documentation and supervising the operational handover between project and service providers;
- supporting the ESA Service Managers in ensuring that the contracted services operate in compliance with the agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and performance;
- supporting IT infrastructure customers within and outside the IT department in adopting the shared IT infrastructure services offered by the Division;
- preparing business cases, documenting project requirements, and evaluating and approving industrial proposals;
- managing resulting procurements and service evolution activities from preparation to closure in a timely, effective manner and within the allocated budget;
- following the evolution of IT infrastructure, network and security technologies available on the market and providing support for the definition of roadmaps and the strategy of the IT Department.
A Master’s degree in information/communications technology is required
You should also have :
- several years of experience in IT infrastructure, networking (LAN, WAN, remote access), network security (firewalls, network access control, (micro-)segmentation) and automation.
- industry certification or specialisation (e.g. CCNP, CCIE or CISSP) will be an asset.
- experience of working in a large, geographically spread out organisation is required.
For behavioural competencies expected from ESA staff in general, please refer to the ESA Competency Framework.
The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these is required. Knowledge of another Member State language would be an asset.
The Agency may require applicants to undergo selection tests.
The closing date for applications is 21 February 2021.
At the Agency we value diversity and we welcome people with disabilities. Whenever possible, we seek to accommodate individuals with disabilities by providing the necessary support at the workplace. The Human Resources Department can also provide assistance during the recruitment process. If you would like to discuss this further please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Canada, Latvia and Slovenia.
According to the ESA Convention the recruitment of staff must take into account an adequate distribution of posts among nationals of the ESA Member States. When short-listing for an interview, priority will first be given to internal candidates and secondly to external candidates from under-represented Member States. (https://esamultimedia.esa.int/docs/careers/NationalityTargets.pdf)
In accordance with the European Space Agency’s security procedures and as part of the selection process, successful candidates will be required to undergo basic screening before appointment.
Recruitment will normally be at the first grade in the band (A2); however, if the candidate selected has little or no experience, the position may be filled at A1 level.