New York City (United States of America)
Technology and Operations supports the organization’s work by providing reliable and scalable solutions for the IRC’s offices around the world, including many technologically challenging locations.
The Data Insights, Systems, and Architecture team at IRC is responsible for the design and delivery of data technology and data programs at the IRC. Our team sets the standard for high-impact results by establishing and cultivating relationships across the organization, driving continuous improvement, and delivering value through the implementation of high-quality, strategic data programs. This role will achieve significant impact. If you want to make a difference in our organization and the world, we want to talk with you.
As a Data Architect, you are a liaison between Technology and Business units and are responsible for the design and implementation of database solutions for the analytical needs of our organization. You understand modern data warehouse design. You collaborate with your partners across the organization to understand our processes around monitoring and evaluation, fundraising and award management, and finance and operations. You document business requirements and system specifications, and own implementing and validating the organizational architecture.
To be successful, you are highly organized and ambitious, equally at home collaborating with a small team or working alone. You have a broad understanding of technology and can go deep in your focus areas. You are self-aware. You have a positive outlook and a desire to achieve impact.
• Participate in and lead aspects of the full lifecycle of the data warehouse development from gathering and understanding end-user analytics and reporting needs, architecting the solution, detailing the technical design, implementing the solution, and validating the solution with end users
• Build and maintain the conceptual and logical data models for analytics and reporting
• Work with Technology and Operations and other business partners to build data warehouse components: data integration, reporting and analysis, databases, and metadata management
• Design, develop, and maintain the enterprise data warehouse and related data marts in accordance with system requirements and architectural standards
• Resolve complex problems and monitor usage of the data warehouse
• Design and implement security policies
• Determine data loading and data refreshing strategies
• Implement and enforce standards and procedures to ensure data is managed consistently and properly integrated within the warehouse
• Lead evaluating new data warehouse applications, architecture, and technology choices for possible adoption and improving the performance of existing applications
• Design, document and manage architectural standards
Key Working Relationships:
• Data Team
• Business owners of related systems, workstreams, and technologies
• Decision makers and operations leads in the IRC’s Regions and Programs
Position Reports to: Director of Data Insights, Systems, Architecture